Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2018, 10:00 AM
ifonlyihadknown ifonlyihadknown is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 206
ifonlyihadknown is on a distinguished road

So the rule of 65 kicks in and SS is "indefinite"?

What does your agreement say about the quantum; amount and duration of SS? CS ending doesn't seem to be a material change in circumstances as it is hardly unexpected that your son would grow up and not need it one day.

CS is for the child, not the ex. They get the SS and agreed 4 years ago that it was reasonable. I don't think you should give her anything but offering the $100 a month extra should play well if you go to court as it shows that you are being reasonable and trying to reach an agreement. I would definitely not pay your ex a cent more without an agreement in place as it will only be used against you.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ex wants to change CS to a static amount and step parent respinsibilities nowwhat Financial Issues 10 10-25-2010 03:32 PM
Table amount change options Paytable2 Financial Issues 1 08-06-2010 03:10 PM
Motion to change support amount.. Suchislife Financial Issues 2 01-27-2008 08:24 PM
Unilateral Change to CS Amount DadofTwoGirls Divorce & Family Law 3 12-21-2006 06:49 PM
Unilateral Change to CS Amount DadofTwoGirls Divorce & Family Law 2 12-20-2006 07:37 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 AM.