Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:37 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis View Post
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the responses, they have been really helpful.
So it sounds like my buddy is SOL, I'll go over his options and maybe get a better budget sorted out.
All points are valid about his decisions; not fighting for 50/50, getting into a new relationship (family) etc. It certainly is a lesson for others that's for sure.

Thanks again for all the help
Jlewis
hopefully you can steer your friend on the right path. One thing that he and his latest baby mama need to think about is her going to work to help support the family. If she really wants to go to school there are ways to do it while working.
He cannot really expect to say he cannot afford to support his first kids when he is living with another adult who has the ability to bring more money into the home but who isnt.