More money, she won't get a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
    I paid my support and it made me so broke I couldn't afford a decent place to live. There are no programs, subsidies or legal aid available to help payors who actually pay their support but are unable to support themselves as a result.

Are you suggesting that I should have skipped out on my support obligations so I could afford a place to live? Why didn't I think of that!
    Here is where the problem starts

Neon Trees - Sleeping With A Friend - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      It can also be used to express obligation as well as expectation.
      It can, but it is more commonly used as a suggestion.

I work at a law firm. If I read an agreement saying that we "should" do something, I'd point it out to the client that they other side wants something to happen, but there isn't an obligated to actually do it.

It is like say "You should get something to eat." I am by no means telling you that you have to, but making a suggestion based off an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        If I were suggesting that, I'd have said that.

I was addressing the disgusting commentary and designation of "no daddy row house", not your specific situation.
        Why do you find this disgusting? Is it because so many fathers don't qualify for subsidized housing? Or do you find it offensive that so many women can't support themselves that they have housing projects named for them?

In my community we have several of these projects and they are referred to by everyone including the ones that live there no daddy row and east or west attached. If it is so disgusting why has the terminology become so accepted?

Comment

I find it disgusting when sweeping biased generalizations are made about mothers or fathers (or any group of people) in any situation created by the minority of the population.

Simply because you associate with like-minded individuals does not make the terminology widely accepted, or that "everyone" considers it so.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
            No it looks like we have the same definition. A recommendation isn't a requirement. Advice isn't an order.
            CAS workers don't give advice, they give orders that are thinly veiled threats. It seems pointless to argue the semantics. They quite clearly inform you that "should" do what they say or else they will abduct your children. Does this sound like advice? I believe ours specifically said, "you can take care of this or we'll take care of it for you".

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
              I find it disgusting when sweeping biased generalizations are made about mothers or fathers (or any group of people) in any situation created by the minority of the population.

Simply because you associate with like-minded individuals does not make the terminology widely accepted, or that "everyone" considers it so.
              The community has functions. They hand out flyers. Can you guess what they put as the location?

Is the bias against mothers or is it against fathers? Perhaps it's your perception that causes you the problem. From my percspective it's just a name for where some live. I have a dog named blackie does that make me a racist? Btw he is white I would never own a black dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                She should have done this herself, I'd rather sleep on the couch than make my kids share a room.

She isn't on welfare because dad took off - she is on welfare because she is poor. Being a single mother =/= being poor. We've already made it clear than single mothers earn the equivalent of 50k gross.
                Actually you are wrong... she was in college trying to get a career, the kids were in day care and Dad was working. It was their agreement that she would focus on school, like many couples do. He decided to not come home one night, text her and said it was over. He moved 4 hours away. She could no longer afford school or daycare. About 6 months later he came back and they tried to work things out, well he ended up beating the crap out of her, IN FRONT OF HIS CHILDREN... and then walked out and left her laying there. He has avoided all court action for his criminal offence.

I am not sure where you get your facts but I truly hope no women you know has to go through this. Do you have a daughter? I hope no one ever lays a hand on her and I hope she never has children, because clearly you have a sick view of women.. how sad for your mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                  Actually you are wrong... she was in college trying to get a career, the kids were in day care and Dad was working. It was their agreement that she would focus on school, like many couples do. He decided to not come home one night, text her and said it was over. He moved 4 hours away. She could no longer afford school or daycare. About 6 months later he came back and they tried to work things out, well he ended up beating the crap out of her, IN FRONT OF HIS CHILDREN... and then walked out and left her laying there. He has avoided all court action for his criminal offence.

I am not sure where you get your facts but I truly hope no women you know has to go through this. Do you have a daughter? I hope no one ever lays a hand on her and I hope she never has children, because clearly you have a sick view of women.. how sad for your mother.
                  Is his view of women sick because it differs from yours? Isn't that obtuse?

No one says you have to agree with his view but I would say bringing his mother into it makes you a lesser person. Just puting it politely so you won't be bring my kids or mother into this too!

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
                    Is his view of women sick because it differs from yours? Isn't that obtuse?

No one says you have to agree with his view but I would say bringing his mother into it makes you a lesser person. Just puting it politely so you won't be bring my kids or mother into this too!
                    Actually no, my opinion on his view of women is because all he talks about is how women are blood suckers. Clearly he is upset about the decisions he made in his relationship and doesn't want to take any responsibility for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                      Actually no, my opinion on his view of women is because all he talks about is how women are blood suckers. Clearly he is upset about the decisions he made in his relationship and doesn't want to take any responsibility for it.
                      So you think he thinks all women are blood suckers? Or you think that I think he thinks only some women are blood suckers? Maybe you think he thinks I think most women given the opportunity are blood suckers? WTF do you think?

I KNOW your obtuse for bringing his mother into the conversation.

Comment

I think that you both made mistakes in your relationships and are now paying the price and can't handle it. Have a great night!

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
                          So you think he thinks all women are blood suckers? Or you think that I think he thinks only some women are blood suckers? Maybe you think he thinks I think most women given the opportunity are blood suckers? WTF do you think?

I KNOW your obtuse for bringing his mother into the conversation.
                          And I think YOU are obtuse for once again choosing to personally attack after it has been explained to you, by several mods no less, how attacks will not be permitted.

Would you care to amend your post, or would you like me to do it for you?
                          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                            And I think YOU are obtuse for once again choosing to personally attack after it has been explained to you, by several mods no less, how attacks will not be permitted.

Would you care to amend your post, or would you like me to do it for you?
                            I will amend it. I hope the other attack posts gets the same public admonishment.

I would own a black dog. If I had too.

I hope that's what you were referring to.

If not could you just do your censor thing because I don't know what you think I might think is an attack.

Btw I hope I didn't hurt any coloured dogs feelings.

Comment

When either black and/or white dogs start posting here, I'll start worrying about their concerns as well.

In the interim, respect your fellow posters, respect the forum. Try to bear in mind, if you are going to participate in a discussion that necessitates debate, don't get personal. Attempt to focus on intelligent discussion. You might just have it in you, past history disregarded.
                              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                                When either black and/or white dogs start posting here, I'll start worrying about their concerns as well.

In the interim, respect your fellow posters, respect the forum. Try to bear in mind, if you are going to participate in a discussion that necessitates debate, don't get personal. Attempt to focus on intelligent discussion. You might just have it in you, past history disregarded.
                                I will try. My dog reads with me regularity but I wouldn't dare let him post here. He is a dominate male who had his testicles removed by a female vet. He tends to be a little resentful against females

I hope that doesn't offend any other male posters who find themselves in a similar position.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X