Step-Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
    That is the tragic thing tomhear for sure. But how could you have known. How could you have prevented it? You must just move forward and support her now.

I hope she is ok and safe bow.
    She is safe with me and getting professional help.

Comment

• Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      so what happened with the police charges?
      He's been charged with sexual assault and sexual interference. He's now out on bail.

Comment

• I think in my case people would have to die if they abused my kids - maybe it'd send a message to other molesters.

I'm so sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Links17 View Post
          I think in my case people would have to die if they abused my kids - maybe it'd send a message to other molesters.

I'm so sorry
          That was my first impulse. My wife talked me out of it, wisely pointing out my daughter needs me more then ever.

She now doesn't want to go back to her mom's as it's too uncomfortable. We've let her know she's welcome to stay as long as she wants and she's safe. Mom didn't take well to that and has locked her out and cleared out the joint bank account they hold together. That was the money she worked a year for to pay her part of tuition.

Comment

• She doesnt realize it was her new husband who hurt her child? Wow. So shes abused by her step father and then treated badly by her mother. Poor kid. Youre a good parent and taking the high road is whats best for your daughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              She doesnt realize it was her new husband who hurt her child? Wow. So shes abused by her step father and then treated badly by her mother. Poor kid. Youre a good parent and taking the high road is whats best for your daughter.
              She knows he did it and kicked him out. I think she's worried about loosing her child support. That's the last thing on my mind. I have no intention on changing any financial arrangement. I'm too busy getting her the help she needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdog View Post
                She knows he did it and kicked him out. I think she's worried about loosing her child support. That's the last thing on my mind. I have no intention on changing any financial arrangement. I'm too busy getting her the help she needs.
                how old is your daughter?

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this. Your daughter is fortunate to have you and your wife to help her through this crisis. Glad to hear the police are involved - with any luck, this predator will pay for what he did. You're right, child support should be the last thing to worry about right now.

Comment

At least she kicked him out - it happens where the morons are oblivious or denial (dr. phil guests )

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X