Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preparing for court...a couple of quick questions.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for court...a couple of quick questions.

Dear Lindsay or LogicalVelocity,

I have made an offer (calculated by using my NFP calculations), taken the difference and offered 65% (not 50%) of the difference. I made the offer open, I did not include any offer of spusal support as the ex has a rather confusing NFP not completed properly (dates missing, unreported earnings, cohabitating but not including partners earnings, in a request to admit she answered true to the following question: 50% of your living expenses are paid for by your partner
    Mr. X. ( I consider this income). Any comments please.

Anyway my questions to prepare for court:

1. For court, should all supportive documents of my NFP be prepared as exhibits? Should I make copies of these for the Applicant's lawyer and judge.
    2. All evidence to discredit the Applicant should they be prepared as exhibits (ie I have two credit cards that I have, still attached to the letter from the institution, hers are missing and maxed out, I ended up with the tab etc.)
    And do I just take these exhibits to court or are they served on the other party before trial and if so, when)

3. What forms are necessary for trial; I know Form *E 13.1 13b and a recent pay stub., anything else.

4 If I find that the applicant has entered into a business with her attorney ( say a share of a race horse)

5. I served an offer to settle on the Applicant's lawyer and filed a sealed copy with the court, the offer is open . Should I expect a counter offer, or is it a poker game? They hold out and wait for me to budge.

Thanks again LV and Lindsay.

Yours Truly,
    Mcbroke
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X