No announcement yet.

Recommended Books to Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree - you or your ex can be an emotional basket case and your legal order can be intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
      I disagree - you or your ex can be an emotional basket case and your legal order can be intact.
      You will be hard pressed to find a book that doesn't recommend that both people in the situation seek help and counselling. Especially Justice Brownstone's book.

Comment

Read my words.
        Slowly.
        Then again.

I'm not disputing what books my state.

I'm disputing your comment. You CAN have legal rights and legal documents in place regardless of the emotional state of you and your ex.

More specifically I'm disputing your statement above regarding "if your emotional house is not in order, your legal house will not be in order".

I'm making a distinction WITH a difference.

Comment

Read my words.
          Slowly.
          Then again.

I'm not disputing what books my state.

I'm disputing your comment. You CAN have legal rights and legal documents in place regardless of the emotional state of you and your ex.
          No need to be rude. Thank-you kindly for further detailing your position. I was discussing the advice given in books on separation and divorce.

But, my case on point about "good legal rights and legal documents" in place regardless of emotional state of you and your ex being incorrect is that of WorkingDad's matter.

Two trials and three of the best postings of case law in the past 5 years with well over 20 citings and they are going to trial again... Despite all the best efforts of some of the most senior justices to put out good legal documents.

The unmanaged emotional state of the other party in that matter continues to have WorkingDad attending court, TBSTs and a third trial... Still with no resolution or a "good legal document"... Despite the court's best efforts.

More specifically I'm disputing your statement above regarding "if your emotional house is not in order, your legal house will not be in order".
          I am specifically disputing your statement with an actual example in real life.

I'm making a distinction WITH a difference.
          I am making a counter argument WITH evidence.

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

I've never read any self-help books on divorce. I might have to see if Tug of War is at the local library as I have seen many people rave about it over the years.

I am a library card holder and if anyone knows of good titles available at the library kindly share. Something along the lines of - after the divorce, surviving endless litigation by a vindictive ex - would be of interest to me. Perhaps I need to collaborate with a ghost-writer if there isn't anything available out there.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              I've never read any self-help books on divorce. I might have to see if Tug of War is at the local library as I have seen many people rave about it over the years.

I am a library card holder and if anyone knows of good titles available at the library kindly share. Something along the lines of - after the divorce, surviving endless litigation by a vindictive ex - would be of interest to me. Perhaps I need to collaborate with a ghost-writer if there isn't anything available out there.

Oh yes, that would be the title of my own book if I were to write one. Here are just some of the chapters included:

1: How to deal with an Ex's so-called medical problems.
              2: Divorce the wife, divorce the kids.
              3: Dealing with ever-changing lawyers.
              4: Impute me, impute you.
              5: The dog ate my Income tax returns.
              6: Spousal support for newbies.
              7: The myth of contempt of court orders.
              8: How to starve your Ex into submission.
              9: Bankruptcy fun and games.

This is just the short list ... add others as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post

Most of the books cited on the thread including Tug of War were available at my public library. Hopefully, yours will also have them.

Comment

Janibel: You have a best seller on your hands!

I'll add two chapters to the list:

10. How to plant the money tree.
                  11. Don't talk to me; Explain it to the Judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike62 View Post
                    Janibel: You have a best seller on your hands!

I'll add two chapters to the list:
                    1: How to deal with an Ex's so-called medical problems.
                    2: Divorce the wife, divorce the kids.
                    3: Dealing with ever-changing lawyers.
                    4: Impute me, impute you.
                    5: The dog ate my Income tax returns.
                    6: Spousal support for newbies.
                    7: The myth of contempt of court orders.
                    8: How to starve your Ex into submission.
                    9: Bankruptcy fun and games.
                    10. How to plant the money tree.
                    11. Don't talk to me; Explain it to the Judge.

12. How to chainsaw a house in two equal parts.
                    13. Is kidnapping children illegal in Canada?
                    14. Misogyny, Feminism and everything under the sun.
                    15. Depression and Debts.
                    16. My fault, your fault and no fault divorce.

Comment

To the book on "surviving endless litigation by a vindictive ex" how about a chapter on:

17. How to make a Voodoo Doll.

Comment

Please state male or female doll ... one free with every purchase of above book (lol) results may vary according to evil inspiration!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X