Evidence from other cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence from other cases

Because court applications are public, can you use evidence from one case in another?

My ex has a civil case with his lawyer - the material is awesome. Can I use any of it in our case since it's public?

On a related note - I attended a MIP recently and at the beginning of the session they hand out a list of applicants/respondents and ask you to sign next to your name. One woman's hand shot up immediately and she asked how they could do this as it's an invasion of privacy. The instructor let her know that the list is public and can be seen by anyone.

Made me wonder how many people DON'T realize that their cases are public and ANYONE can walk into the court house and request to see their file.

Originally posted by HappyMomma View Post
    Because court applications are public, can you use evidence from one case in another?

My ex has a civil case with his lawyer - the material is awesome. Can I use any of it in our case since it's public?
    Is there any evidence that is relevant to your case?

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
      Is there any evidence that is relevant to your case?
      Potentially, yes. Otherwise I wouldn't bother naturally.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X