Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kindergarten Registration - Passport Needed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindergarten Registration - Passport Needed?

Has anyone ever heard of a situation where a child's passport was needed in order to register for kindergarten? My ex is claiming this in an affidavit as justification for some 'behaviour'.

Possibly as Photo Id?

Or perhaps she didn't want to use the birth certificate because it had my name on it as the father?

A passport or photo ID is NOT required for kindergarten (or any school) registration. If in doubt, contact the schools or school boards int he area directly and have them send you detailed information about the registration process that you can provide to show that it's bullshit and she's willing to lie for her own benefit.

Comment

Passport is DEFINITELY NOT required. She has something up her sleeve.

Comment

The following what is required to register a child in Kindergarden in Ontario:
        Documents Required
        • Student Admission Form
        • Proof of your child’s age (Birth Certificate, Birth Registration Form, Baptismal Certificate, Passport).
        • Proof of, and, full address (driver’s license, bank statement, utility bill, or similar documentation). Confirm that the address is within the school boundary. In rural areas please include your RR, lot and concession numbers.
        • Your child’s up-to-date immunization record (yellow card).
        • Any relevant custody order documents.
        They might ask for your child's picture to have on file for safety issue ie: child goes missing.
        They ask for relevant custody order documents as some parents show up at school to pick up their child while a restraining order in effect or the school was misinformed of the custody arrangements.
        Make sure the school do have the custody order documents if you are planning on picking up your child at school in the future.

Comment

Never heard that one before.
          I don't remember needing photo i.d. of either child when I registered them for school...though that was a while ago. Check with your local school board what the requirements are.
          If photo i.d. not required, I'd inquire what she really wants the passport for.

Comment

I just recently registered my youngest for JK... all a parent needs is some form of gov't ID that shows the child's birthday.... as TLCRN posted a passport is a valid piece of ID but so is a birth certificate...... it is not a mandatory requirement!!

I agree with the others, sounds a little fishy to me....

Comment

photo-copy it. give her that. problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
                Has anyone ever heard of a situation where a child's passport was needed in order to register for kindergarten? My ex is claiming this in an affidavit as justification for some 'behaviour'.

Possibly as Photo Id?

Or perhaps she didn't want to use the birth certificate because it had my name on it as the father?
                I can't find any school board in Ontario where this is required. Proof of residence and birth certificate is all. Proof of parental relationship too (custody) if you are living separate and apart. (I.e. court order, agreement, etc...)

Good Luck!
                Tayken

Comment

I registered my daughter for SK last Sept and did not have to provide proof of custody. I do have Sole Custody. Since her father shows basically no interest in her life I didn't even fill out the "father" section of the enrollment forms. The school asked for nothing but her birth certificate and baptismal certificate because it was a catholic school she is attending.

Comment

And something else to consider is that not all kids have passports! Mine doesn't yet.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X