No announcement yet.

Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one but it isn't the one I was thinking of. It only addresses Easter, which truly is a Catholic holiday.

Section 76.

CanLII - 2006 CanLII 28099 (ON SC)

I don't have the time to keep searching right now but will after. It is interesting to read judges' views on different things.

Also the OP should do some canlii reading on religion and access/custody. I read at least three where judges say the parent has a right to provide religion on their time and one case that cautioned the mother that if she kept criticizing the father's religion to the children, it could become a case of alienation that could result in her loss of access....
    Last edited by SadAndTired; 10-11-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
      Unless they are of the same denomination, I would take the position that there is no primary faith for the child. That each parent is free to practice their faith with the child during their parenting time if they so choose. Then, once the child reaches an age where they are old enough to choose the religion they wish to follow, they may do so.

But for now, unless the same faith, it creates an unnecessary restriction on the either parent to promote only one religion.

My arrangement allows each parent to raise the child during their parenting time as they feel fit, and is the most reasonable option out there.
      This is the position dad is taking Thanks HammerDad...he has said nothing to D4 nor to STBX, it all through the lawyers.

It showed up in a proposed agreement sent in by STBX lawyer...wanting her religious choice to be the one for the child....they where together 8 yrs and never attended church during that time. Like I said it being use in to establish herself in her community...give reason to get more access and keep dad out of D4 life.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X