This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbitration

I am looking for any insight as to what happens in a mediation/arbitration.

I understood that we would meet and try and mediate an agreement and in the event we could not come to an agreement the mediator would then become an arbitrator and make a binding decision for us.

After a quick email to my lawyer, he is talking about pleadings, and what my trial position would be.

My understanding you could only morph into "arbitration" if BOTH sides agreed in advance.

Personally, if I was the guy, I wouldn't agree to arbitration; the system seems to be in favour of females. Yes, I know I'll be inundated with women who've got cheated but nevertheless teh system favours women over men. I would be reluctant to go that route personally (arbitration; mediation sounds fine)

Comment

It's possible that your lawyer wants to prepare what your position at trial would be, so that you are in the best possible bargaining position at mediation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X