Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:42 AM

motherbear4 is on a distinguished road

That's just what I was going to suggest! It's certainly worth investigating.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:50 AM

Futureisbright is on a distinguished road

Potentially, though shes also not inclined to put in the effort to get that (currently signed up for full cost).
I was also considering that we could split 50/50 of full cost and any subsidy she would get could come 100% off of her share.
Perhaps Im over-complicating things but I dont mind a complicated solution if its a good one.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:09 AM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

When is she going back to school, this fall? Then why do you need daycare if all 3 kids are in school and she will be home in the summer?

3 kids under 7, this summer if she is in school full-time, you may be better off hiring a Nanny.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:48 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

CRA is a different beast that you need to think about. If she is claiming the kids as eligible dependents then she claims the tax deductions.

You would be better served to have a clause in there are her income imputation being increased each year.

I get what you are trying to do but it wont work. She could come back with a motion to change to get the calculation done according to the guidelines.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:18 PM

Futureisbright is on a distinguished road

Thanks Kate,
I hope she gets some subsidizing but shes not in a rush to pursue as she sees the CS and SS as enough to cover and applying for subsidies is too much effort.
Yes, certainly pursuing nanny for summer - did same last year very effectively.
Shes starting school in March so need post-school care straightaway (and daycare for youngest since he was with her Mom but she now says she wont watch him for her to back to school (was previously working part time and Grandma had little guy).
Rockscan, thanks for thinking this through. I agree - likely everythings been tried and no I dont want to create any sorta CRA mess as that just gets more complicated.
I will however have kids 60%+ while shes in school so maybe I can say that I take all dependant claim and deductions until she starts working. That would be less likely to flag concerns via CRA?
Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 PM

She would need to apply ASAP, as there would be a wait list, its my understanding that only a few spots are available for subsidies. Also look for grants and scholarships there is lots out there, but I find people dont look because like you said it takes some effort.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:26 PM

I think you may have missed the deadline, but if you hire a summer student, the Government will pay half their wages. Look at ECE programs at your local college or university for students when looking for a Nanny.