Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing of commencement of C/S

Hi all,

As some of you know, STBX has been ordered to pay guideline C/S starting May 15 2016. There is an SDO from FRO in place, but having spoken to FRO, they will not be able to set up the file for 30-40 days.

So my question is "is the payor (STBX) obliged to make good on their own regarding payments until such time FRO is involved ?" i.e. should there be a cheque in the mail ?

Also, STBX is not employed but has assets and income (rental, investment). How much enforcement can FRO apply in that situation ?

As always thank you.

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
    Hi all,

As some of you know, STBX has been ordered to pay guideline C/S starting May 15 2016. There is an SDO from FRO in place, but having spoken to FRO, they will not be able to set up the file for 30-40 days.

So my question is "is the payor (STBX) obliged to make good on their own regarding payments until such time FRO is involved ?" i.e. should there be a cheque in the mail ?
    Once FRO is involved, the payor should not be sending any money to the recipient at all. Everything goes through FRO.

Comment

FRO backdates the support to the order date. Meaning if she owes support starting May 15 and it takes 30 days for the set up, she will owe the amount for May and June. She doesnt pay you anything. Once she sets everything up and pays, your money should start flowing a few days later.

Comment

thank you J and RS.

Comment

I've been through this myself. The payor can pay the recipient on their own until things are set up. They will need to show proof to FRO that the payments were made. That's what I did. I paid by cheque and sent them to FRO once everything was done.

I did that to prevent having to make one large lump sum payment once things were finalized.

Up to the payor though.

Comment

Thank you HM !

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X