This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped paying child support AGAIN and getting a foster child

After lawyers getting at least $11,000 from. me and still not able to get my ex husband to show him his actual t4 (only his assessments). Turns out I was right about his income being higher than he was making it out to be....he got audited this year (unfavorably) He now has 2 illegal apartments in his house ($1700.00) extra income coming in. We did the FRO thing for a few years but the only ones who came ahead were the lawyers and the actions the FRO took on him were barely a slap on the wrist.
    He has one child still in high school that he needs to pay child support for and he's stopped again. Needless to say I've gone through the motions of re registering with the FRO again. Not holding my breath for some miracle to happen. I just feel quite despondent about the whole thing.
    My ex is now living with a woman which is fine....she seams to be nice to my kids most of the time but I think she feels a little uncomfortable because she doesn't have any of her own. They been dating for almost 20 months and living together since Nov. 2010 and have now applied to foster a 17 year old teen from an abusive household.
    I guess my first and foremost concern is my children....are they going to pushed to the back ground...my two daughters already have a poor relationship with him at this point in time. I don't even care about the child support anymore....I just want him to be a good father but after all this time it just makes me cry because i think I can wish to my hearts content but i feel like its not going to work and it breaks my heart
    Cat
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X