Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because two people weren't meant to be together is no reason, in my eyes, to rip the world out from one another.

For me, it's all about "do unto others ..." It's not his fault, but we find ourselves in a situation that we have to try and make the best of, while protecting ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by katc View Post
      Currently, he's amicable. He doesn't want independant legal advice.
      katc, make him get ILA. He may be amicable now but things can change. I am going through that now.

Everything started out friendly, we both agreed what would be in the SA. My lawyer wrote it up and it was signed by her and a witness but no lawyer. I have an email from her stating that she didn't feel a lawyer was necessary, I don't know if that has any value. Once the SA was returned to my lawyer my son went to my stbx, he was with me for 8 months after she walked out. Once she got him she said she only signed the SA to get him and doesn't consider it valid, again I have that in an e-mail. What should have been a simple. "amicable" divorce will now become messy as she now wants to go to court.

If it's because he doesn't want to pay for a lawyer you can offer to cover the cost for him. You will feel more secure.

Comment

Thanks Lava!

Comment

Definitely get him legal advice for both your sakes.You may do well to remember that his next partner could stir all this up.She may want to move in etc...There is no guarantee that both of you will be single forever.You may be ok with a fling ,but another woman moving in could be a possibility.Right now you may be thinking emotionally rather than logically.But its nice to see a good breakup !

Comment

Thanks murphyslaw, He has the opportunity to take it or leave it (legal advice)

He's not the type of guy to "F" me over.

No guarantee of single, no, but we plan on remaining in this home for awhile, until the time comes that we can financially move on - or until he finds someone else. I suspect the latter - he's younger than I.

I know I won't - just totally uninterested in a relationship at this stage of my life.

I think I'm being logical / realistic.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X