Jail Becomes Home for Husband Stuck With Lifetime Alimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jail Becomes Home for Husband Stuck With Lifetime Alimony

Dont know if this got posted before or not, I did a search and found nothing. given that this is USA and crazy is normal there .. is this normal?

Jail Becomes Home for Husband Stuck With Lifetime Alimony - Bloomberg

"....jailed for missing court-ordered payments at least eight times in the past two years as he coped with the end of his 17-year marriage."

at 41 he was ordered to pay indefinite support for a 17 years marriage, where the wife presumably was younger. suppose close to 35? indefinite support? seriously?

No corroborating case law cited in article, no statement from ex-spouse

Man doing overnight time for failure to pay child support, not just SS, and failing to provide court-ordered life insurance (according to headline-grabbing sensationalized article).

I found no mention of age of wife or children.

I wonder why his "friends" don't help him get a lawyer?

Comment

I wonder why his "friends" don't help him get a lawyer?
      To do what? It is the system that is unfair, you can't fight it because it is doing what it was made to but as I've said before the pendulum swings back.... Some US states have made some pretty harsh changes and more is on the way - one day child support is going to get a change to I am sure.

I have to say we're way more progressive here and some of the stories mentionned in that article would never happen her (assuming the ppl are being honest)
      Last edited by Links17; 12-03-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X