This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Eddy

I have heard many people on this forum mention Billy Eddy and his books. He is holding a talk/workshop in Bulington, Ontario on June 25th if anyone is interested in attending. Although the session is directed at "high conflict" clients, I believe a lot of what he may have to say is easily transferable to dealing with ex-partners who are high conflict.

https://charityvillage.com/directori...?id=246391&l=2

I'm actually free that day, if anyone is going there from Toronto and wants to give me a lift.

Comment

I might be going after I check my work calendar on Monday. I'll let you guys know as I could drive a couple of people if they need a ride,

Comment

Interesting, thanks Nadia. Can you PM me? wanted to ask you something. Thx.

Comment

Life after divorce

Will he be giving any more seminars?
          Last edited by momforever1956; 05-27-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadia View Post
            I have heard many people on this forum mention Billy Eddy and his books. He is holding a talk/workshop in Bulington, Ontario on June 25th if anyone is interested in attending. Although the session is directed at "high conflict" clients, I believe a lot of what he may have to say is easily transferable to dealing with ex-partners who are high conflict.

https://charityvillage.com/directori...?id=246391&l=2
            I highly recommend his materials and anyone in the area consider attending. The materials will be more than likely targeted at lawyers/judges potentially form past training I have attended by Mr. Eddy.

Don't be surprised if there are senior counsel in attendance, justices form southern Ontario, OCL workers, and Section 30 "custody and access investigators" attending. I have seen some of the well known Family Law justices and some of the most senior solicitors at these events.

Good Luck!
            Tayken

Comment

Good point Tayken.

Well as far as I am concerned that would just be another reason to attend. Nothing like having an informal conversation over coffee during break with someone who actually works in the Justice system. You never know what helpful information you might be able to pick up. You never know who you might cross paths with. I am a great believer in building social networks and investing in first impressions. Have your question/questions prepared and make sure you are noticed (for the right reasons)
              Last edited by Nadia; 05-27-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadia View Post
                Good point Tayken.

Well as far as I am concerned that would just be another reason to attend. Nothing like having an informal conversation over coffee during break with someone who actually works in the Justice system. You never know what helpful information you might be able to pick up. You never know who you might cross paths with. I am a great believer in building social networks and investing in first impressions. Have your question/questions prepared and make sure you are noticed (for the right reasons)
                Also, the more professionals and litigants who are aware of Mr. Eddy's materials can bring forward much needed change in Family Law in Canada. The more decisions sighting his work, or people leveraging the services of the High Conflict Institute will bring a much needed understanding of how mental health and Family Law situations often play out before the courts.

The understanding of Axis II disorders of the personality in Canada generally in the mental health industry is significantly lacking. I am not just talking to the standard ones Mr. Eddy sights either... (Cluster B) I am talking about the whole spectrum including Avoidants, Dependents, etc... They all have a common pattern of behaviour before the courts.

There are just too many "textbook" examples for the courts to ignore the true issues in highly conflicted Family Law situations.

Good Luck!
                Tayken

Comment

Has anyone registered for this yet ? did you choose the 1 or 2 day session ?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X