Section 30 Custody Assessments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    Could you describe the circumstances of this recording?

Are you surreptitiously recording your child, or do you whip out your phone in the middle of this parenting conversation?

Presumably that is why you are making the recordings?
    I thought this too at first. But the poster clarified:

Originally posted by Freeasabird View Post
    I should have said I document issues etc., I do not record my child.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
      I thought this too at first. But the poster clarified:

Fair enough, when people record their kids they drop waaaay down my credibility scale.

Comment

Freeasabirid I really feel so sorry for your kid, please don't ask him to go if he can not go, arrange for baby sitter, a sleepover at friend, bit don't send him to his father if there is a chance from him not to go. God help u both

Comment

I should have said I document issues etc., I do not record my child. The OCL has rejected us 3x. There is now a court order for a Section 30 assessment which will cost about $10,000/each. I am wondering if "Voice of the child" is a good alternative, but he likely will not agree. He's bullying me with all his money all through this divorce process, and says the child should not have a choice where they spend their time. As a reminder none of this was an issue until he recently was forced to pay child support after over 2 years of being separated. He's determined to have 50/50 even though I don't believe he actually wants the child that often. As a note, he has 2 older children that he has no interest in, even older daughter never had him walk her down the isle, and they estranged for years...and he admits he spent little time with them growing up. Often when he does have our child he gets a friend, therefore isn't actually spending ono on one time, and the child has even voiced this to me sadly.
          You are just describing my ex.. Hopefully u would get a good assessor who can find really what is best for your kid. I believe your ex is narc

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Ana View Post
            Freeasabirid I really feel so sorry for your kid, please don't ask him to go if he can not go, arrange for baby sitter, a sleepover at friend, bit don't send him to his father if there is a chance from him not to go.
            If there is court ordered parenting time, the kid has to go. If parenting time is not ordered, the kid does not have to go.

God help u both
            If there is a God, he has made it very clear that he is taking a "hands off" approach to our planet, or alternatively that he is an epic asshole.

Probably best to help yourself.

Comment

Ana Ana Yes, he is a narc and now trying to force the section 30 assessment that will cost about $10,000 each. I have so much evidence that he's not a good father and the child does want to see him a bit, but not 50%. Spending $10,000 right now is a stretch, but lawyer feels it's the only solution to expose all the things the child's father is doing. The child strongly wants a voice, and I was hoping voice of the child as an alternate. Horrible system that a father can ignore their child, not even ask for them hardly, yet when forced to pay child support suddenly claim they want the child. I know there are a lot of awesome father's out there too, but unfortunately for my child he is not one of them. He also has 2 older children from previous relationship, one he's estranged from and the other he wants little to do with.

Comment

I know there are a lot of awesome father's out there too, but unfortunately for my child he is not one of them.
                If only there was a way you could have known before you had kids with him...

He also has 2 older children from previous relationship, one he's estranged from and the other he wants little to do with.
                I mean... umm...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X