When to stop allowing overnights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    Is this advice in writing by any chance?
    Thank you Janus, currently there are no scheduled visits until the end of July, but I am working actively with CAS to figure out a solution. Right now the worker is on holidays, but the worker taking over the case has removed her 6 year old son from her care and they said they would advise me as Monday once the normal worker gets back. Since there is considerable time between visits it works out ok.

Originally posted by gettingexpensive View Post
    Wow. You're making my ex seem like an angel. Definitely follow the recommendations from CAS, this will give a nice break to your daughter.

Was your ex always like this? Or is there some mental illness that creep up overtime and divorce was like a grenade for them?
    My ex has serious mental health issues that never get properly addressed. The hard thing is dealing with the mental health issues compassionately while still protecting out daughter. There are times my ex and I can chat for hours and be very good together, but there is always this dark side to her and when she is on the low side of things it gets very dark. One of the issues is that when things are on the up side, rules get relaxed but there is no real safety net put into place for when things go on the downward slope.
    We went 9 years of me trying to fight for custody until things went downhill so far that we had tactical police in the hallways outside the courtroom when the judge finally ordered the change.

Now the years of trying to help our daughter overcome the trauma that she has witnessed. Its a long road ahead.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X