This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any wsib experts here

Before I post my question, I wanted to know if anyone knows about it.

Are you talking about workers comp? My hubby had to deal with them a few years ago due to an injury on the job. TONS of paperwork!

Comment

do you have to show household income or just the injury person's income

Comment

When my hubby was on comp my income never came up at all. He recieved 80% of his pay plus travel expenses to drs and physio. Keep a record of every appointment and keep track of your mileage. You need papers filled out by the Dr at every appointement too.

Comment

Your income is irelevant. WSIB benefits are for him. The only income that is of any concern to WSIB is his income. FYI reimbursement for physio and md travel does not last forever. When his condition plateaus they will stop paying for the mileage.

Comment

if you are refering to WSIB pre 1990 claims (that pension you past 65 years of age) I may have some insight. In terms of the pension it is treated differently that a pension from employment. Because it is pension from injury a spouse does not have the right to any part of it.

Comment

I would like to know more about loss of earnings. I seems my employer is playing silly games, cut back my earnings way in half, and I won't get my average earnings. Been going through this for almost 4 years, 3 surgeries, and now chronic and permanent.

Comment

mts1973: is your condition related to an injury on the job?

Comment

Yes, and regret the surgeries, and I guess I am still a puppet on a string. Always have to fight for what i am entitled to.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X