X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for information question

HI all,

If I want a document that only my Ex can get a copy of and it pertains to my children, do I file a "#20 request for information"?? I have asked her for a copy and she has refused....can I file that without filing a motion?? any ideas??

Form 20 is a powerful tool - but Form 22 is an equivalent. Don't lose focus of the central issue considering kids involved.

Comment

Thanks LV

I agree, form 22 is very useful when I have the documents, but right now I want to get copies of a doc Can I use form 20 outside of a motion??

Comment

Refer to Rule 20...

Comment

Why is your ex the only one that can get it? How often do you have the children?

If you have joint/shared access, then legally you should be able to get ANY medical, educational, etc. documentation without needing to go through your ex.

Comment

NBDad

My Ex has the children and without putting too much info in here, she has access to documents that she signed and I was not given the opportunity to be present to sign, therefore I do not have the permission to acquire them....she does however but has refused...I'll do what I have to, and if that requires a motion o another legal avenue..so be it. The documents prove that she doesn't place the children's needs above hers.

Comment

I was under the impression that Form 20 could be used at anytime throughout the case especially if can alleviate court resources...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X