This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex's lawyer slow

It's going to be 10 months since me and my stbx separated , so far we had one four way meeting last year , about 3 requests from them that I provide some financial info which I provided within 3 days of each request , however it takes them months to respond to our letters and when they do ,it is always unclear response . Is there a reason why they are so slow to respond ? Is it because she has Legal Aid lawyer and they dont give a sht as they get paid no matter how the case goes ? Or is it just lazy one ? I dont want to send another request to them so they respond to our letter from 2months ago as my legal bill already reached almost $4000 .
    Does anyone have any advice how to make them respond in decent time ?
    Thx

I've been waiting on 2 offers to mediate, 2 offers to settle. First offer to mediate sent the end of January, all not responded too! You can't make the opposing party respond. You could apply more pressure by saying a response is "expected" then give them a time frame. If it's on offer to settle, you can always give it an expiry date.

Good Luck!

Comment

One sure way to get the opposing counsel to move is to file a motion/go to court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X