This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littleman View Post
    It is clearly stated on very first line of order and he is well aware of it. He has admitted to knowledge of this being there and admitted to being in contempt.
    what I am trying to tell you that contempt motion is not walk in a park due to it quasi-criminal nature...

I was sitting in court room when judge throw away contempt motion because guy who filed it put wrong date of the order which other party were in contempt.

Comment

Im not uptight or overreacting Berner.........I am very well versed at CS guidelines as I have been to court with this person before for custody and was self represented. It does bother me however that he doesnt and hasnt paid 1 cent towards anything over and above CS and thinks that he pays too much CS? His NOA is ordered by the judge to be given to me by June 1st every year (part of final order)
      Clearly you are not well versed if you think because he lives rent free he owes more in CS.

Also, no where do you say that you are supplying him with your tax information? You do realize that you have to provide that as well, as your income is used to determine you percentage of section 7 expenses?

Again, unless he has agreed to the extra expense he does not have to pay. Unless of course it is health related, or for babysitting, but if some of these expenses are for children's activities and you did not consult him before hand you may be on the hook for the whole cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
        ...or for babysitting...snip
        One qualification to this post. The "babysitting" must be childcare so that the parent may go to work. It isn't so that a parent can go out drinking one night (not suggesting anyone is, just clarifying...back to the topic).

Comment

When he doesnt pay section 7 why should I give him any information......he hasnt paid one cent towards section 7 EVER so I have no worries of giving him anything.....the order states section 7 is 50/50 and it has been 0/100 (him to me ratio)

Comment

When he doesnt pay section 7 why should I give him any information......he hasnt paid one cent towards section 7 EVER so I have no worries of giving him anything.....the order states section 7 is 50/50 and it has been 0/100 (him to me ratio)
            Are your incomes equal? If not then this is unfair to one of you and can be argued...

If you don't give him any information how do you expect him to pay? Do you expect him to believe you are telling him the truth? Why wouldn't you provide him with notice BEFORE occurring section 7 expenses and provide him with a receipt...

From all your ranting here, it really seems like you are being the unreasonable one, not wanting to provide him with information, trying to tell him how to parent, thinking you can get more CS because he lives rent free, etc...

Comment

When he doesnt pay section 7 why should I give him any information......he hasnt paid one cent towards section 7 EVER so I have no worries of giving him anything.....the order states section 7 is 50/50 and it has been 0/100 (him to me ratio
              Obviously the person who replied was suggesting that ...should you pursue section 7 expenses in court, you would additionally need to supply your income records.

If you are this upset about it, by all means, file the motion required to get section 7 expenses enforced.

Why on earth are you so angry at posters who are trying to help you? You ask a question, then tell someone off because you're already so well informed that you're offended by them trying to answer you?

Bizarre attitude.

Comment

Littleman did your ex claim undue hardship during the first child support calculation and the CS payments were lower than what the guideline suggests?

Comment

When it comes to s7 expenses, it may help us help you if you setout what you are considering s7.

Also know that, depending on incomes and amount of c/s paid, something are more likely or less likely to be deemed c/s. Essencially, if he has an income over $100k and is paying $1k a month and you have an income of $50k, a lot more of the costs associated with the child would fall under c/s and not s7. If you both have lower incomes, more stuff becomes s7.

Also know that in order to oblige him to the costs for certain s7 expenses (sports or activities for example) you would need to inform him prior to registration and get his consent to the expense. Health requirements do not need prior approval.

Comment

what I consider section 7 is dental and medical..never asked for anything else.....

No "tired" he pays table amount and thats it

"Pursuing" Im not offended at all. I just stated facts.

There is huge history here of violations of the order, illegal transport of a minor across international waters without my knowledge, car accidents with our child in the car that he failed to think was important for me to know about, charging me for taking care of our child when my father was in ICU, the list is endless

I am not looking for more CS not sure where that came from......as far as I am concerned he can sign off parental rights and keep his lousy CS.......

I hear all the ranting about men getting the raw end of the deal (in some cases I agree) however this assclown makes it bad for good dads or men who want to be good dads out there.

This one has been anything but a good dad and he needs to know that children are not pawns in a stupid game he likes to play but they are people.

Comment

I am not looking for more CS not sure where that came from......as far as I am concerned he can sign off parental rights and keep his lousy CS.......
                      Please re-read post #2 and #3 of this thread and you will see where is came from

Comment

... charging me for taking care of our child when my father was in ICU,
                        How on earth did he manage to do that?

Comment

what I consider section 7 is dental and medical..never asked for anything else.....
                          If they were over $100, he would be obligated to pay:

(c) health-related expenses that exceed insurance reimbursement by at least $100 annually, including orthodontic treatment, professional counselling provided by a psychologist, social worker, psychiatrist or any other person, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and prescription drugs, hearing aids, glasses and contact lenses;

Comment

every dental visit is over 100$........one last year was 1700$ - wisdom teeth

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                              How on earth did he manage to do that?
                              I was taking of my father and my mother was with my father so what choice did I have

that is while ago and whatever......so now you see why I think he is an assclown

Comment

I can understand OP's frustration. My ex too ignores all my requests to provide tax info. She pays zero CS and is deliberately unemployed to avoid CS. This is based on hearsay so I can't really proved it in the court. Sometimes I feel like taking action in the court but then stop as I regain my sanity on the thought of costs involved. Being a single income parent is not easy task. And, if one thinks CP is being greedy it is not always true. Those who say CP should ask NCP's permission before incurring extra expenses, it is not always possible; my son lost a very good chance of getting free hockey training because his mom didn't respond to my request for permission as the training might fall on her alternate weekends.

@littleman, did you try seeing a duty counsel at the court for advice regarding your matter?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X