This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Laws Needed for Domestic Violence

I am a Canadian Citizen in need of help. Below is a Video clip of my story. There needs to be a FEDERAL BILL PASSED pertaining to domestic Violence LAWS that are universal in every Province, and must be followed. It is a Human Right according to the UN, Canada is a member of the UN. If we stand together we can change this for everyone. Please view and share the video.

YOU, may help to save thousands of lives.

YouTube - Winnipeg 911/ Photos true story Domestic Violence

Helpusall,

welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your unique story.

I don't know about Winnepeg, but in Ontario Domestic violence is serious business!

lv

Comment

Thank-you for the supports I have received from this forum. All too many times help comes too late for most and they die.

I am hurt and angry. I honestly believe with my whole heart this can change for all, without hope and perseverance more across our Nation will fall Victim to Anarchy, and abuses not only from the abuser, but from the departments that should be protecting us.

At some point we all must set aside political beliefs for the common good of all the people in Canada.

Without mothers (women) there would be no human beings upon the planet. Yet we are abused at such a high rate, it is sickening. The attitude I have encountered is (this is an example)-

"You only got smacked a few times, it is no big deal."

Is this attitude acceptable? I was black, blue, green, suffered a number of broken bones, and yet....... I attend offices of MLA's within my province for help investigating a matter, they hit a road block and then tell me, "OH This situation is too complex, no we will not provide our response to you in writing."

This is why I am asking you all for help, and I thank you truly from the bottom of my heart for those who do call and write.

In closing this again is my story-

YouTube - 911 Call/ Photos True Story Domestic Violence Winnipeg

Comment

I remember going to the police station in the town I lived with the ex. I had bruises on my neck and I wanted the police to arrest him. They actually told me that unless there were witnesses they would not charge him. The reason was that too many woman would get the police to press charges and then when the court date came they refused to co-operate with the police. I asked what did he have to do to me in order for them to do something. They looked at me and to this day I remember the words "if he puts you in the hospital, then we will charge him" Not one of them offered some sort of support or gave me the number of a shelter or someone to talk to. No help what so ever.

Comment

These laws have changes over the last couple of years.
          I know from first hand experience that if you tell an officer that a partner/spouse has hurt you or laid a hand on you in violence they have the unilateral obligation to charge the individual and no longer require your presence in the court in order to follow through.

This is good and bad, since some with definitely need this type of response, and there are always those that will abuse this.

I feel your pain!

Comment

Originally posted by FL_Needs_To_Change View Post
            These laws have changes over the last couple of years.
            I know from first hand experience that if you tell an officer that a partner/spouse has hurt you or laid a hand on you in violence they have the unilateral obligation to charge the individual and no longer require your presence in the court in order to follow through.

This is good and bad, since some with definitely need this type of response, and there are always those that will abuse this.

I feel your pain!
            Here they called that process "Zero Tolerance"...... it is a lie, and was never applied in my case. Here it is not a "unilateral obligation" to charge the individual, it is left up to the "Discretion of officers".

It is revolting, I have approached several professionals here and asked them if domestic violence was a human right, they told me nope.... now have a look at this-

YouTube - Pregnant Kidman on Violence Against Women

It is a woman's right through HUMAN RIGHTS.....
            I believe that the stat. in Canada is that Manitoba is the domestic violence homicide capitol of Canada, I am lucky I am alive or I would have been grouped into the stat. and ignored, just like the rest of the dead.

I speak and it falls on deaf ears, they need to change the laws across Canada to save lives. The only way this will happen is if thousands of people stand up, and SPEAK. I am one small voice trying to make all understand and speak.

I pray each day that they will change this because it is changeable by having a few simple laws.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X