• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad.

RIP John.

Comment

Very sad to hear.
      Logicalvelocity was a great help to many on this forum.
      His comments were well thought out and echoed a voice of reason.
      RIP John
      Last edited by Nadia; 10-06-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Very very sad.

Logicalvelocity was one of the first members of this forum and an incredible person. He really went out of the way to help everyone here. He was extremely informed about all aspects of family law, and would probably be able to put many lawyers to shame with all he knew.

He loved his children dearly and would do pretty much anything he could for them.

RIP John.
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Is this a joke?

My goodness how horrible.

Comment

My heart goes out to John's children. Today's society is a very tough place to grow up without either parent in their life.

It is so sad to live in a country with a medical system that could help people in need if it was given the opportunity to be involved and evaluate what is *really* going on in Family Law courts.

Tayken

Comment

How many DEATH BY FAMILY LAW is it going to f...ing take before someone clues in?? I'M REALY PISSED OFF

R.I.P. AND THANK YOU LOGICALVELOCITY.

Comment

It is pitiful and despicable: what this "system" does to so many people. It breaks them. Wears them down to nothing. Hard to move past it. My situation was bad (and complicated by other legal matters as well) but not as bad as what others have gone through. I often wonder how people move on and past this garbage. IE: how does one start a new relationship w/anyone? Seems impossible to me. Maybe a lot of time has to pass. I really don't know but what I do know is; I need/want another relationship like I want an all-day root canal. This system, for many is a killing machine. At the very least, a torture chamber

Comment

Rest, finally, in peace John.

You have been a lighthouse and pole star as I was churning in the treachorous waters of family court the past 6 years. Your advice, sage words and guidance many times were a blessing in my most desperate hours.

This God Damned family court system is a killing machine and in your death you have strenghted my resolve to see it abolished in my lifetime.

I am profoundly sad and shaken for this loss.

Comment

Call me an A-hole.

But I'm mad at him.
                    For his kids.

A visit from Dad once a year is better then the path he chose for his kids.
                    I sympathize, as Family Law sucks. But in doing this he fulfilled the very condition he was fighting against. To be a meaningful part of their lives growing up.

Shameful.

Comment

Rip John and lets pray for his children who are the ones that suffer. so sad and yet nothing gets done. I am sadden as my situation has brought me to my knees. we have to be strong someday this will all change.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
                        Call me an A-hole.

But I'm mad at him.
                        For his kids.

A visit from Dad once a year is better then the path he chose for his kids.
                        I sympathize, as Family Law sucks. But in doing this he fulfilled the very condition he was fighting against. To be a meaningful part of their lives growing up.

Shameful.
                        Words spoken by someone who will never truly understand.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                          Words spoken by someone who will never truly understand.
                          No, you're right.
                          His way was the best way.
                          How could I posssibly have misunderstood that?

You are defending his actions? I don't pretend to know what you understand. It's ok to do that? Just wondering. You would wish that for your children?

Comment

I just read this.Its such a loss to this forum,his children and to himself ofcourse.May his soul rest in peace.
                            In my first litigation he guided me through every turn and gave me the courage to be strong.He knew so much about the family law.
                            I am really sad and upset.As per as I know he had a son (shared custody) and a little girl for whom he was fighting and were often getting access.I wonder what and why went wrong.
                            You shouldn't have taken your own life LV.You were the voice of teh forum

Comment

Although late, my condolences to his children. Sad reading, I know that wall personally... it's tough.

Whether right or wrong, God speed my Friend.

Comment

Hi I'm new to this forum. Reading this just floored me. I never know LV but understand where he was. I would implore anyone here who hears anyone talking like they have lost all hope to find someone to talk to. There is always hope. Life by it's definition is worth living.

I have battled mental illness for a long time and it was leaving my marriage that helped me finally move on and get healthy, but there were some very dark times.

For those who don't want to put themselves out there in front of another human being there is:

Crisis line
                                1-866-996-0991

MoodGym
                                MoodGYM: Welcome

eCouch
                                e-couch: Free help for anxiety and depression

The more people talk about mental illness the more people will take the steps to get the help they need.

If anyone needs a confidential person to talk to I'm just a PM away. People who have lost hope need help. We're all going through the same thing we should help each other.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X