Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy New Year. How did all our plans go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year. How did all our plans go?

Well its well into 2014 and for those of those who needed to juggle family and ex' over the holiday it is a good time to reflect on how well our plans went and can we do better next time?

Our plans were of course disrupted with terrible weather. Our flights were delayed, cancelled and most of the time complete chaos. But we persisted and arrived safe and sound. It took 36 hours of travel, which included changing from plane to train, taxi rides, long walks dragging luggage, overnight in a hotel, dealing with a sick child and a HCP who seemed to think that I, as the Nana, had superpowers and conjured up the ice storm to disrupt his parental access rights! Lol.

We sang and laughed through the whole ordeal, had a uplifting experience at the VIA Rail station with everyone helping each other, passengers singing Seasonal songs and children playing together, while the adults shared food, treats and support. Strangers came forth and helped us with our luggage. (certainly understand why train passengers travel light - what a lots of stairs that station has!). We were travelling by plane, so had lots of luggage, carseat and no stroller!! But help was always there.

We arrived 11/2 day later but safe and grateful. Some of family were stranded and never made the planned trip to be together, so our family was in 3 different locations. But we all had fun.

The ex well he was screaming on the phone, sending nasty texts and generally not having a good day. We were smart, learned from this forum of course, and ignored his rantings, but did keep him informed of our progress and arrival.

Previous to Christmas I did have some post and discussion on how our plans should unfold and they included overnights, possession etc. In the end we think it all work out well. The little boy seemed to have a good time, was happy and truly hyper when we picked him up.

Interesting sideline, on one occasion when Mom called Dad, to inform him that we were taking a train due to flights cancelled, he let it go to Voice Mail ( which is unusual for him) and there was the announcement " you have reached the home of ex, his girlfriend, and their 2 boys". i left the names out of course but it quite a bit of a surprise as of Sept 30 ex did not,have a girlfriend and in fact had suggested that maybe Mom would like to try again, So giving the benefit of the doubt that he met this person October 1 that was a pretty quick move! And quite a childish way to inform Mom.

Anyway, when Mom and Dad did exchange she was there with her 2 boys. Ex did not attempt to introduce anyone and was apparently very nervous but she came over and introduce herself and her 2 boys. Mom said, later that she seemed nice and the boys were delightful, so she actually felt that it was a positive development. She actually had son call Mom on Christmas Day, which was a nice gesture.

All in all the visit went well and only marred by the clothes son arrived in not being returned and a recent email demanding the refund from the flight not taken $95, with no consideration of the $100 train fare ( apparently her choice to take alternative transportation). Lol. Will it never end!

So I hope everyones plans were as hoped, and the weather did not disrupt too much. This last crazy weather certainly makes me think about taking a winter vacation over Christmas, but leaving early so to avoid my conjured up ice storm!

Well.....wow, wow, wow, got to love HCPs eh (tongue in cheek). Welcome back, glad you had a good time vice the travel disruptions due to weather...acts of God, is part of our life

Some of my staff coming back on service flights from all over the country and overseas, got caught up in that, and didn't return to work until days later.

The whole incident you described about the new partner and all that....you shouldn't get yourself bugged down with that....people have to move on at some point.

a recent email demanding the refund from the flight not taken $95, with no consideration of the $100 train fare ( apparently her choice to take alternative transportation). Lol. Will it never end!
    Ahahahaha.....like seriously? These are some of the pettiness, that I personally remove myself from, and it never seems to amaze how low some people will go.

Will it ever end? It will only continue if you don't pray for this person, and enable their antics.

Speaking of weather....I am currently on business in Michigan, the roads are a lot better than what I left behind in Ontario. As usual over the past number of years, only 2 questions are asked..."where do you live", and "what do you do"? Answer to the second questions always yields a ...."thank you, have a nice day".

Comment

Yes, the ex is moving on, is good, as it keeps him occupied and less likely to think up new ways to annoy. Not bugged down with the new partner, just amazed that he is actually getting more immature as time goes on. Made us laugh because she screamed omg in the train station and everyone turned around and asked if it was bad news, to which she replied, without thinking really, "oh no I think its good news, just a surprise thats all"

Mom has replied politely, with facts, supported by receipts which show that he actually owes her some money. But she said not to bother, small change in her effort to get son to Dad for Christmas.

I don't pray for him, but I do go to Kick boxing ! Lol
      I am retired, Mother of 3 daughter, happily married 36 years. Live in NorthWestern Ontario on the shores of Lake Superior. hence " BeachNana".

I recently came back from Mexico where the Arctic Vortex effected the weather with rain and overcast days. So I think the world was effected by the weather, shows how powerful a Nana can be!

Comment

'So I hope everyones plans were as hoped, and the weather did not disrupt too much. This last crazy weather certainly makes me think about taking a winter vacation over Christmas, but leaving early so to avoid my conjured up ice storm!'

Glad you had a good time regardless of the horrible weather during the holidays. My new year is off to a positive start - seems to be the same story for you.

Comment

Only a minor problem with the ex for holidays, but so far this year I still have two inches of ice on most of the driveway, had strep and a soggy basement. I hope it gets better!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X