lipping off opposing counsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lipping off opposing counsel

Has anyone ever wanted to just rip into opposing counsel?? (during a 4-way...not in court).

3hrs of gibberish...her bringing up irrelevant crap and you just wanna jump in and ask them what any of THAT has to do with the current issues??

I guess doing that would probably be a bad thing??

any personal experiences anyone??

anything that actually made opposing counsel stop talking and think things over before going back into conversation??

Do you have a lawyer? I'm assuming you do. Why isn't your counsel interjecting with "what is the relevance of blah, blah, blah to the reasons why we are here? For the issue(s) of... X,Y,Z?"

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
      Do you have a lawyer? I'm assuming you do. Why isn't your counsel interjecting with "what is the relevance of blah, blah, blah to the reasons why we are here? For the issue(s) of... X,Y,Z?"

Their CC brief (filled with crap)was emailed to me here at work (outta town for long periods)...I've been stewing about it ever since....I meet my lawyer tomorrow to discuss it...

you're right...I may be over reacting...

My lawyers pretty good..during the 4 way she pretty much stopped opposing counsel a few times...I wanted to "participate" a few times

I know what your saying hadenough...but yea...thats just it...I've "hadenough" for sure!!

Comment

Don't sweat it too much. My ex's lawyer was/is a total idiot. Between the pair of them, neither one would know what the truth was if it bit them in the ass. The fact is: the "truth" means nothing to these types. I've heard every lie, and trumped up irrelevant bs. I guess when 'you got nothing' .. Bullshit is the chosen path? I don't know, but don't get upset.

Their behavior is transparent and not going to serve them well.

Edit: not only were their CC briefs filled w/crap - so too was the entire TRIAL brief. A monkey could have put together better information ffs!
        Last edited by hadenough; 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
          Don't sweat it too much. My ex's lawyer was/is a total idiot. Between the pair of them, neither one would know what the truth was if it bit them in the ass. The fact is: the "truth" means nothing to these types. I've heard every lie, and trumped up irrelevant bs. I guess when 'you got nothing' .. Bullshit is the chosen path? I don't know, but don't get upset.

Their behavior is transparent and not going to serve them well.

Edit: not only were their CC briefs filled w/crap - so too was the entire TRIAL brief. A monkey could have put together better information ffs!

And anything become of it hadenough??

Was any of their bs proven to be just that??

Comment

Yes, most everything was revealed. The minutia was most likely chalked up to more BS. The Ex tripped up 12-15x during Trial both verbally and also with submitted sworn documents. I wish I had it on DVD

The thing about lying: if a person gets caught in ONE, then their overall credibility nose-dives after that. There was no good reason TO BELIEVE him, once caught in a couple of lies. By contrast, I told the truth - as I had all along, so there was no good reason to doubt me.

Most ppl aren't good liars. They start to "forget" what they said, to whom, where, and when. Eventually they just show that they (like their stories) are a series of contradictions. That's when the "I don't know" and "I can't recall" responses start flying around. At this moment, they are backed into their own (lying) "corner." And everybody knows it.

It's pretty classic.
            Last edited by hadenough; 03-06-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leviathan View Post
              Has anyone ever wanted to just rip into opposing counsel?? (during a 4-way...not in court).

3hrs of gibberish...her bringing up irrelevant crap and you just wanna jump in and ask them what any of THAT has to do with the current issues??

I guess doing that would probably be a bad thing??

any personal experiences anyone??

anything that actually made opposing counsel stop talking and think things over before going back into conversation??
              Talk about a huge waste of your ex's money. Snicker.

Comment

Oh it IS such a huge waste of money. I figure that my ex's lawyer now has him so screwed (but they both lie profusely) that no other (decent) lawyer could step in at this point, to even attempt to put things right. They are stuck with one another it seems. Poetic Justice?

I'm of the opinion that most lawyers wouldn't touch my ex's case with a barge pole. Lawyers DO have an internal reporting system where they can check out potential clients. They can go digging to see if there are conflicts, complaints, negative comments from previous lawyers.
                Last edited by hadenough; 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

My lawyer warned me beforehand that opposing counsel was merely doing their job and if it included getting me angry all the better.

I did have opportunity to rip into the woman one time while outside the courthouse during a break. I have to say it was quite pleasurable. After the 'informal discussion' things went quite well. I think I intimidated her. To this day I think she was a very poor lawyer and I'm sure my ex would agree with me. Who goes outside for a cigarette and has an exchange with your client's STBX???

Comment

Don't expect anyone to jump up and down and make a big deal about the fact that your STBX lied on affidavits. This is a common occurrence in Family Court. The benefit of proving your ex is a liar comes later, when they take you to court for another motion. A good lawyer will highlight the lack of credibility in previous litigation. A good lawyer will continually bring up the lies in any, and all, ensuing court matters. It never goes away. A good lawyer will know how to use that in your favor.

Comment

I get a twinge of satisfaction every time I have to respond to lies. I mean, you would think if someone was going to lie outright, they'd do it about something that I COULDN'T prove.

Not the case thankfully...which makes it really easy to respond to fluff.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X