?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?

Hello everybody. I have some questions again.

You all being so much help. Thank you for that.

1. What would be similar places for pick up/ drop off kids , like supervised access center?

2. What is going on on first case conference? What orders could be asked /granted if any?

Thanks again

I've heard the police station suggested many times, I've also heard it can be more stressful on the kids to have the police around so frequently.

A great suggestion was to use the public library for exchanges!

Comment

Or just a subway station at the collector booth.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        I've heard the police station suggested many times, I've also heard it can be more stressful on the kids to have the police around so frequently.

A great suggestion was to use the public library for exchanges!

Thanks, I will think about that. Police station - I do not like this idea either. Especially , when 2 young kids involved. I like YWCA idea, but they only offer evenings , and I work on evenings.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
          Or just a subway station at the collector booth.

Thanks, small city, we do not have subways.

Comment

If they are school age, then the exchange is best that Parent A's time ends at the beginnings of school and parent B's time starts at the end of school. This reduces the contact between parents.

Since your kids are not in school, I agree with the library idea. But you can also use a Tim Hortons parking lot or local mall.

Comment

When we first separated we simply exchanged via daycare. One of us would drop off at the beginning of the day and the other would pick up at the end of the day.

We now do the same with the school.

It simply makes life easier as it is part of our child's daily routine. Our child is free to express joy and happiness at seeing me (or Dad) at pick-up time. Dropping of on exchange day also involves a lot of "I Love You's", "See You on....", and hugs. All without the other parent watching.

I would highly recommend this type of approach to exchanges if you are at all able to do it.

The rare times we have had issues is when we are "both" there. We are divorced for a reason and my ex is extremely high conflict. If your ex is the same (high conflict) and already causes issues at exchanges, it won't get better with time if you are both always there, no matter how generic you make the location.

Comment

That would simplify issue, but my kids to young for day care. I have newborn.

Thanks. I will probably do library. Its nice quite place. I just thought maybe there some other services, even paid ones, like YWCA, so no face to face contact, as Mother has some mental issues and could accuse me of abuse etc.

Comment

Oh, that won't save you from accusations. Mine started screaming at the court in front of the courtroom that I assaulted her. The guards came running, but fortunately there was a small guy my ex couldn't see standing right behind me who stopped them.

Comment

If access exchanges cannot occur during children's activities (parent A brings them to school, daycare, hockey, etc and parent B picks them up), and the parties' homes are not an option (parent A stays inside, kids walk to parent B who stays in the car), any neutral location could be used.

Tim Hortons' tend to be populated, which makes them popular.

Comment

The library sounds like a great idea as it may encourage your ex to be quiet during exchanges. And should the worst happen and you need witnesses, librarians might be more reliable than Tim Horton's staff.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
                        If access exchanges cannot occur during children's activities (parent A brings them to school, daycare, hockey, etc and parent B picks them up), and the parties' homes are not an option (parent A stays inside, kids walk to parent B who stays in the car), any neutral location could be used.

Tim Hortons' tend to be populated, which makes them popular.
                        super , that could be done with toddler, but what about newborn? Is there some services, besides YWCA who do exchanges only? I am willing to pay for that.

Comment

Is there some services, besides YWCA who do exchanges only?
                          If you don't have a friend, neighbour or other neutral party, find a teenager and pay them $5 to bring the baby from one of you to the other.

It is important that parents do their utmost to love their children more than they hate each other.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X