X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem here is that the story changed mid-thread:

Beginning:

Originally posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
    Should dad be the next contact after myself?

Later:

the father is listed as the father and the school will always call him if the mother is unreachable!!

Originally, mom2two was clearly in the wrong. She amended her story partially through the thread. To be fair, there were certainly overtones of "we have always been at war with Eastasia" in her story flip, but that's a separate issue.

Right now, Dad is called second, so there is no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfrepmom View Post
      Hey guys I think we found tunnelight’s newest account!

100% [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post

Beginning:

Later:

Originally, mom2two was clearly in the wrong. She amended her story partially through the thread. To be fair, there were certainly overtones of "we have always been at war with Eastasia" in her story flip, but that's a separate issue.

Mom spoke to the school after her original post, which the school confirmed they will call dad after they call Mom, that’s why Mom explained further that Dad will be called

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post

your ex was the only one incompetent enough to lose sole custody after years of status quo.
          Except she didn’t “loose” sole custody. Tunnelight has been going off in this forum for ages, talking like he went all the way to trial and a judge ordered custody stripped from mom and he “won”.

Not true. Mom was making some dicey moves and flaunting her sole custody status. He filed for custody. Mom CONSENTED, in a conference, to give up her sole status and allow joint custody with tunnelight.

If mom didn’t consent, chances are that she would still have sole status because
          A) There’s a good chance he wouldn’t have the resources to take this all the way to trial
          B) even if it did get to trial, it would be a battle and a half to change custody status
          C) I think he has proven here, with his at times emotional outbursts, that had his case gone to trial he probably would of let his emotions and overall view on Moms cloud his vision and perhaps made some rash and ill advised decisions that would have negatively affected his claim for custody.

Comment

Beginning:

Later:

M2T can correct me if I'm wrong- but I think the question she was probably trying to ask was "When does dad get to make the decisions in an emergency? In what position should he be able to make that decision- does he get called 1st? 2nd? 3rd?"....dad in her case wants to be listed first.

It really matters when a medical decision has to be made in an emergency. The key question is who can get to the kid(s) first? Logic would tell dad to call grandma first cause she's closer and probably more available than he is.

All that being said- OP- if he wants to be 2nd- just let him. They'll call, he won't answer- and then they'll call grandma.

Comment

Beginning:

Later:

The story was amended because I called the school to find out what the process was?? Dad has never been on the emergency call list. But he has always been listed as the dad.

Now I could move dad to emergency and not have him second in line... wouldn’t that be worse??

Comment

To be fair, there were certainly overtones of "we have always been at war with Eastasia" in her story flip, but that's a separate issue.
                total aside but

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

look at that. 1984 was about family law. ha.

Comment

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
                  I knew you might appreciate the reference

And yes, your quoted line does seem to sum up family law!

Comment

The story was amended because I called the school to find out what the process was?? Dad has never been on the emergency call list. But he has always been listed as the dad.
                    I'm aware of the situation. I was just saying that your later posts always had the feel of "Dad was always second in line, what are you guys talking about?".

"Always" however was a time frame that did not include the beginning of the thread. That could be confusing for some readers.

Comment

I'm aware of the situation. I was just saying that your later posts always had the feel of "Dad was always second in line, what are you guys talking about?".

"Always" however was a time frame that did not include the beginning of the thread. That could be confusing for some readers.

I didn’t include always at first because I didn’t realize that dad is always called second regardless of the emergency contact list.

Also I suppose I put always after because in dad’s accusations against me for court he tries to say I never had him listed on any school documentation. So I tend to be a little defensive on this point.

A lovely secretary at my children’s school took it upon herself to dig up the very registration form I filled out by hand for both of our kids. So again another unfounded accusation against me which I am very easily able to disprove.

It’s hard to not be defensive when I have done nothing wrong.. except perhaps explain things in a confusing manner.

Comment

total aside but

It appears that family law makes one want to Rage Against the Machine (Bulls on Parade).

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
                          It appears that family law makes one want to Rage Against the Machine (Bulls on Parade).

Do you mean Testify?

Comment

(sigh)

The obvious answer is "Know your Enemy"

Originally posted by RAtM
                            I've got no patience now...
                            So sick of complacence, now...
                            I've got no patience, now...
                            So sick of complacence now..
                            Sick of, sick of, sick of, sick of...you..
                            Time...has...come...to...PAY!!!
                            Know your enemy!

Comment

Rage against the Machine is overrated. Highly.

(yeah I said it).

Comment

Rage against the Machine is overrated. Highly.

Some people say that about water and oxygen too.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X