This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Math Genius needed ASAP

ok I need some advise here..my husband's ex decided that she wanted to "up" the c/s..there has never been a court order for the amount he pays and up until this time they have decided amicably between them the amount that was being paid..now that the one child has reached the age where the child support has stopped the ex feels that she can no longer pay her bills each month with the reduced c/s she was getting from only one child..she has told my husband that she now wants to be paid by the guidelines and she wants a years worth of back pay to the tune of $1200 (she says is giving him a fair deal) my husband thinks that she only knows of the 1997 guidelines and only wants to give her the money based on that, I told him that she is no dummy and will find out that the new rates are from 2006..I just want him to pay what he has to so that all this butt kissing and walking on egg shells can finally come to an end with her...I told him that he is not entitled to pay her the back pay since she is only asking for it now..and that if this should go to court then he would only have to pay the back pay based on when this court thing started..I would like to know if someone with better math skills can figure out for me what the rate he would have to pay considering that he has made $94.000.00 this year and $104.000.00 last year and $78.000.00 the year before I need an average so that we can figure this thing out before the new year..again I think he can forgo the "backpay" to this woman and just pay her to the guidelines but want to know what the rate will be...thanks in advance as always

Mikegal,

as you mentioned,

$94.000.00 this year and $104.000.00 last year and $78.000.00 the year before
    This equates to $ 92000.00 per year average income amount to compare against the tables.

The tables can be found here
    http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/R...h/970391_e.htm

For an average income of $92000 - The tabled amount for one child is
    $ 814.00 per month.

lv

Comment

thanks LV..Merry Xmas to you

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X