Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to this group- Wonder if anyone else has similar situation?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has to pay you CS based on his actual income (and that means what is reported on his tax return unless he does not report income or has unreasonable business expenses). Him having expense that exceed his reported income is a red flag that you can use to show he is not being forthright about his income.

You may have to pay him SS, though if what you say is true, that having a family and being married did not interfere with his career, then I don't think he is entitled, but the courts may disagree. You taking care of the kids lowers your SS liability.

He does not have a claim on any inheritance you may receive from your family business or any other inheritance.

He may not be working as hard as you think he should, but he was that way when you met him, was that way during your marriage. It is not reasonable for you to expect him to make more money or work harder than he is now.

He gets half the assets and debts acquired during the marriage.

He gets half the equity in the matrimonial home.

I would force him to pay CS, and let the SS chips fall where they may.

Have you played with MySupportCalculator.ca ?
    Last edited by billm; 09-18-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks again
      Mess--
      The issue is money. He wants a big payment. He hasnt said how much. He doesnt think he has to pay child support unless I pay him spousal. I am ready to just say nevermind and say I will raise them all by myself. In the end I know that he wont be paying anyways and I will have a lawyer bill to contend with.
      He is a physically fit and able bodied man that could work in any gerneral labourer position, factory possibly, delivery person or truck driver(as he has a license), and in the fitness area.
      As for the extras--I will give my kids whatever I can and do not expect him to contribute because again, I know he wont. He will say its unnecessary.
      I was only asking for a minimal 300$ / month in our first separation agreemnet and equilization where I would pay hiim a sum.He wants more! He even wanted my life insurance in HIS name.
      He has no intention of returning to school and only said so in an attempt to look good in front of the next judge.
      I did make the mistake of marrying him but I guess at the time Love was blind and now I just do not want my children, in the end to have to suffer.
      I really find this forum informative and respect any advise because I know I am having a hard time imagining having to give him anything.
      he has asked for the house to be sold . I cannot believe that he has the audasity (sp?) to even do that. But I guess thats the law.
      I just want to be prepared and will expect the worse.
      Thanks again

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X