This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witholding address?

My ex has apparently gotten her own place now. She had been living with family. She did not tell me nor has communicated the new address to me after i have asked. I believe i have the right to know where my children are living with her. We have no agreements on anything in place, we are attempting mediation. Do i have a right to know and if so if she won't tell me i'd have to get my lawyer involved if i do have a right to know? There is no history of violence of any kind only a history of her making absolutely everything as difficult as possible.

What did your ex say, when you asked her, or how did you ask her?

Send her an email saying that it`s come to your attention that your kids no longer reside with her, at the old address, and for her to please provide the new addresss where they stay, when they are with her, so that you may have it in the event of an emergency and for pickup/dropoff/communication purposes.

Document her responses. Do this via email...so you can show you asked, and hopefully, receive a response.

Comment

Tell her, you'll return the same courtesy, if your address changes in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
        Tell her, you'll return the same courtesy, if your address changes in the future.
        I hope by this you mean you will provide her with your address as soon as reasonably possible after a move right....now withhold out of spite.....I think I know you mean the former...but just clarify.

You first post was spot on. Send the email state that it is in the kids best interests that both parents have all address and emergency contact details for the other parent etc etc.

If she refuses, it is just something to add to the pile on instances that will show pattern of her being unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
          I hope by this you mean you will provide her with your address as soon as reasonably possible after a move right....now withhold out of spite.....I think I know you mean the former...but just clarify.
          Haha. Yes, I meant the former. :-) I should have worded it better. I meant that if the OP moves in the future, then he would also let her know his new address.

It's stuff like this, that is just ridiculous.

Comment

i was in court in the past for several issues at once including this one, the justice ordered the address in a split second, best of luck, raven

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X