FRO in the news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO in the news.

Ontario man locked up for not paying child-support bills he never got | Ottawa Citizen

So they could send the police to his correct address, but not the letters.

Amazing.

Not Amazing, it's normal.

Comment

...waiting for the lock up of women who over collect child support even when the kids are not in post secondary or moved out

Comment

Originally posted by hopefull View Post
        ...waiting for the lock up of women who over collect child support even when the kids are not in post secondary or moved out
        I don't think I have EVER read anything as brilliant as THAT comment right there, on any public forum that I've been a member of.

You have no idea how relevant that comment parallels my situation.

Comment

Bureaucratic ineptitude courtesy of the Ontario government.

I'd be curious to know more details, about that man's imprisonment (is he still in jail?). They state he actually had custody of the child in question, at the time this happened, so someone (a judge?) thought it was in the child's best interest, to imprison the father, for arrears he didn't know about?

Comment

FRO default hearings are a nightmare. FRO needs a significant re-do.

Comment

so did he lose custody when he was sent to jail? That would really suck. An apology from FRO wouldn't make up for that.

"Sorry we screwed up and sent you to jail" .

I would sue the living crap out of FRO.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL0zATlB1Hg

This is an interesting video. Even more interesting is the petition below is CLOSED:

https://www.change.org/p/the-honoura...-no_src-no_msg

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X