How can a person be so heartless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can a person be so heartless?

This is sad and really makes me want to cry and vomit. How many want to bet that She'll get probation and parenting classes for this, and whatever happened to that maternity "mom knows best" bias??????

An Oklahoma mother is behind bars after her youngest child, 5 months, was found dead and being eaten by roaches.
    Brittany Cherokee Dawn Bell, 27, is facing child neglect charges after the disturbing January discovery that included cuts on the infant's thighs and face that were identified as bites, News on 6 reported.
    The baby's equally heart-breaking and grisly fate reportedly followed Bell calling Bartlesville police on Jan. 8 to report her baby Alice as not breathing.
    Though investigators say Bell at one point changed her story, they believe the infant had been left on the floor, just 10 feet from where Bell said she had fallen asleep on the couch.
    During that time the baby somehow stopped breathing. The mother suggested as her final story that her 18-month-old twins may have smothered their younger sibling by sitting on her, investigators said.
    Before Bell realized that her infant was dead, her tiny body was described as being relentlessly nibbled on by the crawling insects that had infested Bell's apartment.

Bond set at $10k...what a flipping joke.

Honestly, you can't know the full story, and I'm pretty sure there has to be more to it than that.

This woman was 27, had 18 month old twins and a 5 month old infant, raising them as a single mom without much support from the sounds of it. She had older children who had already been removed from her care, so I assume her parenting had been evaluated and been found to be lacking, but not completely abysmal enough to remove the youngest children. She lived in a home infested with roaches and was probably poor and completely exhausted, with little, if any, support.

Just further grist for my belief that reproduction should be regulated and require instruction, an exam and a license in advance.

Comment

Obviously you aren't making excuses for this mother, because your last sentence resonates with what mine (and some people's) take is when it comes to the matter of having kids.

I mean the Govt intervenes when the #2 hits the fan (divorce), or is it the other way round, people needing the Govt to help them go after someone to pay up. This is a good excuse for the Govt to have a say in your breeding, since it all pays you benefits, which most people love to claim.

You get into bed with the devil, you be willing to pay the price. I mean how difficult is it for people to comprehend closing of the legs, or using protection..unless of course some are just looking at it as a way to extort money (with no intention of staying with that person)?

Kids aren't just for Xmas, if you need something to pet, get a Barbie doll or a cat/dog instead. Again, People don't want the Govt to poke its nose in their business, but they go to the same Govt for help with legal aid, benefits, and to go after a person.

You are either all in or out....you can't have it your way.

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
      Honestly, you can't know the full story, and I'm pretty sure there has to be more to it than that.

This woman was 27, had 18 month old twins and a 5 month old infant, raising them as a single mom without much support from the sounds of it. She had older children who had already been removed from her care, so I assume her parenting had been evaluated and been found to be lacking, but not completely abysmal enough to remove the youngest children. She lived in a home infested with roaches and was probably poor and completely exhausted, with little, if any, support.

Just further grist for my belief that reproduction should be regulated and require instruction, an exam and a license in advance.

Comment

Poor or not. That is no excuse for neglect. Come on...poor people can raise kids healthily.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X