No announcement yet.

Grandparents vs Daycare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I think anyone getting a divorce should get individual counselling, regardless. Too many people think their $250/hour lawyer is a therapist, not realizing that the lawyer benefits from prolonging the conflict and the continued $250/hour payments. Counselling is much, much cheaper and has much better outcomes

Comment

Originally posted by tilt View Post
      And I think anyone getting a divorce should get individual counselling, regardless. ... Counselling is much, much cheaper and has much better outcomes
      I don't know of anybody who has had a problem (marital, drug, or mental health) that was resolved by counselling.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolGuy41 View Post
        I don't know of anybody who has had a problem (marital, drug, or mental health) that was resolved by counselling.
        I think you are missing the point. The point being made is that it is cheaper to try to save the marriage (if it can be saved) than a costly divorce. Spending 10 hours in counseling to work out differences is cheaper than litigating a high conflict divorce.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X