This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible child abduction

I am on another forum site and a Canadian lady from Ontario has custody of her children with her Lebanese husband ( now Canadian) having visitation. She stresses that nothing has happened yet but her Ex has told one of the children that he will take them to visit Lebanon "soon". Lebanon is known to be sympathetic to its native sons and will harbour abductors rather than return the children.

She has hidden their passports and has not confronted him yet, but he has connections who apparently could get fake passports. Who should she contact for help?

ETA: This lady neglected to mention in her initial post that they are not Divorced yet and in fact still living under the same roof, so I am wondering what else she hasn't posted. She has not even seen a Lawyer yet.

Originally posted by yearsgone View Post
    I am on another forum site and a Canadian lady from Ontario has custody of her children with her Lebanese husband ( now Canadian) having visitation. She stresses that nothing has happened yet but her Ex has told one of the children that he will take them to visit Lebanon "soon". Lebanon is known to be sympathetic to its native sons and will harbour abductors rather than return the children.

She has hidden their passports and has not confronted him yet, but he has connections who apparently could get fake passports. Who should she contact for help?

ETA: This lady neglected to mention in her initial post that they are not Divorced yet and in fact still living under the same roof, so I am wondering what else she hasn't posted. She has not even seen a Lawyer yet.
    k you are wondering what else she hasn't posted? Sounds like you do not think that she is telling the whole story. Unless she actually posts on this site and gives her side and is able to answer questions so members can help her better. Questions like are they heading for divorce, has there been any threats to take the kids and never return, is he just going to visit family.

My only advice is she has to talk to a lawyer right away if she is fairly certain that he will not return with the kids to get some sort of temporary order in place. Until that happens he is within his legal right to take the kids to visit family etc.

Comment

It appears that Canada has no Hague Convention agreement with respect to Lebanon. Concerns are warranted!

http://www.hcch.net/upload/abductoverview_e.pdf

HCCH | Home

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X