Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:12 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road
Default 11 year old dead, father charged with first degree murder

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/first-...lice-1.4298391

Aside from the idiots who complained about the amber alert system waking them up last night- this is the story everyone is talking about today.

I try not to get too chicken-little-the-sky-is-falling about these things...and I try to remember my situation is different because supervision is there for my daughter.

This whole story has me so angry and heartbroken for this little girl, and her mom.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:29 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

This is a horrible story. I havenít read the news update but Iím sure we are going to hear more. I canít imagine the mindset to do this and possibly it involved mental illness or anguish. My heart breaks for the little girl.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:50 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

My heart sank when I read that this morning. As a father who tries so hard to be the best parent I can possibly be, this really cut to the bone. I'm not a capital punishment person, I think the justice system is too flawed to trust, but sometimes...

That said, while this is an incredible (and almost unthinkable to me) amount of pain for one mother, this guy just caused a lot of pain for hundreds if not thousands of other fathers. Judges are going to be much more reluctant now to allow unsupervised access when mothers make spurious claims of potential threatening behaviour.

Divorce is Canada is going to get nastier.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 PM

News update is he was charged with 1st degree so premeditated and he is currently hospitalized.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:59 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

I don't like the sound of hospitalized, that seems like the beginning of an insanity defense. Urg.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:04 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

I thought I read in the initial report somewhere he threatened murder suicide, so maybe he physically hurt himself as well but not bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 03:06 PM

Or the cops hurt him during a take down. He was captured near Orillia.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post

That said, while this is an incredible (and almost unthinkable to me) amount of pain for one mother, this guy just caused a lot of pain for hundreds if not thousands of other fathers. Judges are going to be much more reluctant now to allow unsupervised access when mothers make spurious claims of potential threatening behaviour.
He definitely did. And I hate to play the race card- but I truly do believe there is a stereotype of south-asian males that this just played right into. Although- in this case- the father is actually west indian. I think there's sort of an undercurrent that I've seen emerging reading a ton of case law...I think the courts side-eye south asian males- whether they admit to it or not.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I don't like the sound of hospitalized, that seems like the beginning of an insanity defense. Urg.
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/riya...-timeline-2019

hopefully it's just because he has physical injuries... he was transferred to a trauma centre.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:35 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

I actually slept though the amber alert and woke up to this tragic news and thought of Iona.

As more details eventually come out it will be interesting to see if they were involved in the Family Court system and if the Mother raised any concerns there.

The news Iíve seen and heard seems to be focused on the idiots complaining about being woken up by the alerts on their phone and not about the death of this child by one of her parents.