Delay Tactics With Filing Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay Tactics With Filing Answer

I have 4 children with my ex-wife. After we divorced, she adopted various Hostile Aggressive parenting techiques (eg parental alienation) to disrupt my relationship with the kids. Despite of this I have a great relationship with all the kids and never missed a day to visit with them. I had them almost every weekend and 1 weeknight evening. After 2 years into divorce, she created false sexual abuse allegations against me. The OPP did not press charges, and CAS investigation was "inconclusive". After their investigation (about 3 months long), CAS themselves proposed supervised access with the kids by another family member in the interim. My ex-wife opposed and would not communicate. I have not seen the kids since the allegations started.

I served an access/custody application on exwife. On the afternoon of the 30 day deadline, ex-wife's lawyer sends us a letter saying she may have missed the deadline already because she wasn't sure the exact date ex-wife was served. My lawyer gives them an extension in writing for 4 days so they can file late.

Now ex-wife's lawyer's office said on the phone they haven't even drafted the answer yet, and they will probably need more time. My lawyer says they can get away with these stall tactics and there isn't much we can do. All they will need to do is motion to file late response later on and we will have to pay costs.

Can anyone recommend an appropriate response to these obvious delay tactics? They had no excuse to file late, they are just trying to cost me more weeks away from the kids. It seems unbelievable that there are no way to enforce simple court rules, like filing in 30 days, when they are being blatantly trampled.

I expect them to play games like this every step of the way, because ex-wife's case is very weak, but time is on her side. How does one counter these tactics and make them play by the rules?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X