This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying and affidavits

I have read a lot on this forum about lying and affidavits in trying to figure out my dilemma.

My ex lied in an affidavit. It was about defrauding a government agency. She claims to know nothing about it and if anything it was a simple mistake. This issue was raised several months ago.

Just recently I came across a letter she wrote to U.S. investigators where she said the exact opposite. While this statement was not under oath, the penalty for lying to these investigators is quite severe.

There is a pattern of these lies. Each day I find a new one, some of it has cost me a lot of money. The cost to the government so far is at least 10k, probably a lot more. It also appears that she has impersonated me a few times too.

Things have been downhill with me and the ex. Almost every week she is becoming more agitated. More accusations that I can easily counter.

This is where I am at now. Legal advice ranges from going to the cops to filing a motion to have her claim kicked out for fraud. The former will get her in a lot of trouble. Would make me feel good but not so good for my child if his mother is out of the picture. My firm belief is that there should always be equal access as we have now(50/50) even though she is doing everything to ruin that. I am emotionally drained. The other option is that I make the motion. This will get costly for me and I am out of funds to fight though I am half decent at navigating the courts. The third option is to do nothing about it but so far for every inch I have given her I get a good kick in the head.

Anyone with similar experience?

No similar experience, but I would stick to what I could prove in court. If she has contradicted herself many times, and this can be proven, then use it in court to kill her credibility. Does she have a motion before the court to get more than 50%? If so, I would self rep and motion for status quo - 50/50 equal access.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X