Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:46 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I don't understand child support stuff regarding insurance payments for things such as dental.

I'd get an Order the other side has to pay their proportionate amount FORTHWITH. If they do or do not want to use insurance - does it matter? Bottom line - they pay their share. Then you request your legal costs and the other side hopefully smartens the fuck up.

This is where it gets tricky. If the other side has full benefits they are being fraudulent by not paying the full amount they are reimbursed.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:52 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
This is where it gets tricky. If the other side has full benefits they are being fraudulent by not paying the full amount they are reimbursed.

Iím not sure it would be fraudulent if they are only being reimbursed for their share... like if the appointment was $300 and they paid $150 and only got reimbursed $150 from insurance itís not insurance fraud... may be against their order but not insurance fraud... now if they were being reimbursed $300 then yes Iíd consider that fraud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2019, 07:58 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Every year my ex has to provide me his complete tax return and NOA. Each and every year I know they are total bogus. sure it irks me that he gets away with this.

However, how he pays his taxes is not an issue with me much anymore (court is on to his game). He revealed himself several years ago with his "adjusted filings".

In this poster's case I can see that it would be nice to have ex cooperate. But he is a dick. I really wouldn't waste much time with this dude and instead look to the court for specific remedies. I assume that FRO can't collect this correct? Perhaps an order the the money be paid into court would help? I've seen that done with other matrimonial issues. Is it something that is feasible here?

IF that is something that is feasible then it might be okay to get the Order and then find another dentist who will work with you? I know dentists get burned by many in the child custody games - they are business people and I understand why they have the policies they do.

Last edited by arabian; 08-09-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:39 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Iím not sure it would be fraudulent if they are only being reimbursed for their share... like if the appointment was $300 and they paid $150 and only got reimbursed $150 from insurance itís not insurance fraud... may be against their order but not insurance fraud... now if they were being reimbursed $300 then yes Iíd consider that fraud

What I am saying is my ex is paying nothing. I paid the money. Sent him the receipt for him to reimburse me from his so called insurance he has. Yet he isnít giving me any of the money back I paid. After my insurance is already exhausted. He could very well be putting through the receipts I send him and keeping the money. Also receipts I have already put through my insurance. I always send him the receipt showing what insurance covers and what is remaining.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:43 PM

cranberry is on a distinguished road

I pay for their dental visits and obviously it goes through his insurance. He refuses to sign up for direct deposit, so add a week to processing time. Even with snail mail taken into account, I do not see the reimbursement for months. The average wait has been 4 months. It never takes that amount of time to receive reimbursement for regular dental check ups, yet he insists that it does.

The other problem we have right now is that our 11 yr old court file has mysteriously disappeared and supposedly we cannot do anything until it is found or rebuilt. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place until this particular blip is fixed.

The boys spoke with their dad again the other day; I went to my room as usual. After the call they excitedly told me that they are getting brand new leather furniture soon. Yet another example of where his priorities lie. Won't pay his portion of the tooth extractions but will buy a brand new fridge for his f-ing bonsai and now, supposedly new leather furniture.

Yes, he is a dick.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:50 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
I do not see the reimbursement for months... Won't pay his portion of the tooth extractions
Sounds like he is paying it, but just late?

Quote:
but will buy a brand new fridge for his f-ing bonsai and now, supposedly new leather furniture.
I think you are getting distracted. The problem is the untimely reimbursement. The fact that he has chosen to buy a new fridge or bonsai is irrelevant and honestly none of your business.

Send constant email asking about reimbursement. One a week. Build up a case that he is stalling on paying you back. That's the only issue here.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:59 PM

cranberry is on a distinguished road

Yes, Janus, I am aware that the issue is him not playing ball regarding his children's dental health. I am also very aware that what he does with his money in his house is none of my business. The very first sentence of this post said I was simply venting. And that is what this post remains to be, a vent. He is one of those ex's that believes court orders and agreements do not apply to him, only to me. I needed a safe place to vent, that is all. And believe me, I have more than enough paper trail should I ever need it. Am currently sending an email on the first of every month requesting his tax information. He got mine on time, but I will more than likely have to waste the court's time and spend more money to have him pony up his tax info.

Just venting, nothing more.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:31 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
The very first sentence of this post said I was simply venting. And that is what this post remains to be, a vent. I needed a safe place to vent, that is all.
You are correct, I read that the first time and then forgot. Vent away