uncertainty, process, just plain scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get yourself a decent lawyer girl.
    It isn't defamation or liable. Start by reading up on those two things. First of all, you can't sue someone for saying something that is true. Secondly, it's pretty hard to sue if the person hasn't published their remarks. Thirdly, the damages generally reflect the wrong. Unless you are a very wealthy individual it would hardly be worth her time.

I had some craziness with my ex's g/f as well. I was VERY upset and had to hire a criminal lawyer. It cost a few bucks but was well worth it to shut her up once and for all. Judges don't like this sort of crap happening. Let her sue you. Not a big deal. The most she will accomplish is a restraining order against you or probably just a verbal warning to the two of you not to communicate with each other.

I will private message you what I really think. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Get yourself a decent lawyer girl.
      It isn't defamation or liable. Start by reading up on those two things. First of all, you can't sue someone for saying something that is true. Secondly, it's pretty hard to sue if the person hasn't published their remarks. Thirdly, the damages generally reflect the wrong. Unless you are a very wealthy individual it would hardly be worth her time.

I had some craziness with my ex's g/f as well. I was VERY upset and had to hire a criminal lawyer. It cost a few bucks but was well worth it to shut her up once and for all. Judges don't like this sort of crap happening. Let her sue you. Not a big deal. The most she will accomplish is a restraining order against you or probably just a verbal warning to the two of you not to communicate with each other.

I will private message you what I really think. LOL
      I have read up on it and retained a lawyer. She doesnt have a case because its protected by "its the truth", its not pubished as you noted and that its privileged.
      But even so, my lawyer has pointed out that if she wants to sue me, she will and it will cost me money to defend myself. In the end, it will cost money. It sucks. I look forward to your PM thank you.

Comment

Forcing a child to eat moldy food is abuse.
        One instance is not abuse. Further, she was not "forced" to eat it. If the OP was able to provide evidence of a pattern of such, that is different.

Denying food to a child is abuse.
        Reading through her post, I never got that he was denying food. Simply that he didn't agree with her request to reorganize his household. And to a point, I don't disagree. She should have no say in how he maintains his house and vice versa. And not knowing how the "request" was put (ie. could it have been construed as demanding?), I can see further possible reasoning as to why it was rejected.

Not providing adequate medical attention to a child is abuse.

Is the family doctor aware of this?
        This I agree on. But again, I didn't read that he was neglecting her medical needs, just that he was connecting the issue to something unrelated.

While the OP wants us to believe everything she says as gospel, unfortunately, I do not. Be it my background or whatever, I simply and unable to believe what anyone says here as being 100% accurate. There is always bias, there is always a distortion of the truth.

Comment

HammerDad, as always, you are wise beyond your years.

I concur that a proof of abuse has to be evident. The baseline measurement for child abuse is probably written in stone somewhere. If I were the poster I'd go the family doctor route as I think they carry much more clout [if the allegations are indeed true.] Simple blood tests can usually be telling.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
            One instance is not abuse. Further, she was not "forced" to eat it. If the OP was able to provide evidence of a pattern of such, that is different.

Reading through her post, I never got that he was denying food. Simply that he didn't agree with her request to reorganize his household. And to a point, I don't disagree. She should have no say in how he maintains his house and vice versa. And not knowing how the "request" was put (ie. could it have been construed as demanding?), I can see further possible reasoning as to why it was rejected.

This I agree on. But again, I didn't read that he was neglecting her medical needs, just that he was connecting the issue to something unrelated.

While the OP wants us to believe everything she says as gospel, unfortunately, I do not. Be it my background or whatever, I simply and unable to believe what anyone says here as being 100% accurate. There is always bias, there is always a distortion of the truth.
            He has denied her food in the past. The medication she is on for pain management requires a full stomach. She has often not remembered that she was supposed to take her pill and then hours later remembers and goes down o the kitchen to get something to eat. Cereal or a pear...he has refused both of those on 3 occasions because he declares that the kitchen is "closed".
            Im curious, if your daughter requested that you move the cereal down so that she can reach it in the morning when she is alone getting herself ready for school you would not support that request? You think that is reasonable?

I understand your position, but ive only scratched the surface of the events over the past year. I havent even gotten to the point where bias would be an issue but thats neither here nor there. Im really just asking two things,
            how would i go about getting another lawyer. Ive looked lawyers up online and on Canlii to see how they approach things but outside of that input resources are limited. I just want someone "Good".
            Also, given my childrens age, the OCL is restarting his investigation and requesting a clinical investigator. OCL met with myself and my partner, my ex and his girlfriend. He met with the children once each. From there he has requested this. Does anyone know why he would do that? CAS is involved as you have heard.
            Im not reallly asking anything else. thank you all for letting me vent.

Comment

HammerDad, as always, you are wise beyond your years.

I concur that a proof of abuse has to be evident. The baseline measurement for child abuse is probably written in stone somewhere. If I were the poster I'd go the family doctor route as I think they carry much more clout [if the allegations are indeed true.] Simple blood tests can usually be telling.
              Yes, go to the family doctor and express your concerns. It will take more than just your word against your ex's to get any changes. He may have a long list of all the things he thinks you do wrong as a parent (which may or may not be true - but you don't want to play he-said-she-said). It sounds like there is way too much potential for drama when you and your ex are interacting (CAS calls, police calls, evidence books, your new partner and his new girlfriend getting involved, etc). You need some objective, reliable information about the state of your children, from someone who is not a party to the whole thing. If there is physical abuse or neglect happening, the doctor is the place to start.

Comment

Weary,

To answer one of your questions regarding OCL taken from this site More About What We Do - Ministry of the Attorney General

Legal Representation with a Clinical Investigator Assist
                Both a lawyer and clinical investigator will be assigned at the beginning if there are serious clinical and legal issues requiring an expeditious response, e.g. murder/suicide, mobility, etc., or,
                After the case has been assigned to the lawyer, a clinical investigator will be assigned if there are specific serious clinical concerns that need to be addressed in order to assist the lawyer in representing the interests of the child client at any settlement meeting or in court.
                As for finding a good lawyer, depends on your area. Google ones listed locally, look at their education, find one that has mental health, psychology background helps. Search their names in Canlii, meet with them, attend court and see them in action; all ways to search out what you may be seeking.

Comment

In reading through this thread, William Eddy's books would be helpful to you in setting boundaries and communicating with the other party;

Books, CDs, DVDs - High Conflict Institute

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X