This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I word letters to ex's lawyer?

LV, I am writing a letter to my ex's lawyer about the RESP issue we had in court. I am also going to bring up the subject of the negotiated amount of retroactive that we settled on, not knowing that neither parent has the right to negotiate the amount of child support in arrears. How would I word it in my letter to say that I would like to negotiate further to get the balance of what's owing? Paragraph 5 states that there are no child support arrears left owing, yet i didn't find out until after the fact that we didn't have the right to negotiate on an amount. Would I have to go get that set aside in court or can i word it someway in the letter to his lawyer that i want to revisit that issue outside of court? Since this was just a couple of weeks ago, do I have to wait to fix things back in court?

DS,

First point writing (the issue) is the best way to go in each paragraph. Follow with subsequent details. Just like what you wrote in your thread.

You may want to say that new information has been made available to you. Leave out the details of what new information has been learned.

Remind them that you are self represented and as such you would like to discuss the issue further.

I believe you may have to wait six months before you could attend court again on the current cs periodic amount. Check with the Registrar.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X