Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ots

Hi supportive group,

I presented offers to settle when I was representing myself, one of the offers was that I have my son every 3rd weekend of the month; she did not accept the offer and no signatures, during the time of negotiants I was denied physical access for 5 months.

I have retained a lawyer, asking for 50/50 access and now the opposing part is stating that during the negotiations (OTS) I was agreeable at that time should stand.

Please advice accordingly

Originally posted by guydeluxe2018 View Post
    I presented offers to settle when I was representing myself, one of the offers was that I have my son every 3rd weekend of the month; she did not accept the offer and no signatures, during the time of negotiants I was denied physical access for 5 months.

I have retained a lawyer, asking for 50/50 access and now the opposing part is stating that during the negotiations (OTS) I was agreeable at that time should stand.
    The offer to settle has expired

They should have accepted it, they did not. For all intents and purposes, it no longer exists. It still might be used (by you) when arguing costs to show that you tried to settle things once upon a time, but they definitely cannot use it against you now. Since the offer would not have been open until the trial, it does not count as an official offer, but judges can in theory look at anything.

The offer to settle is still open

If they like what you offered, they should accept it. If you no longer like what you offered, you should withdraw that offer to settle before they accept it. Remember that if they do accept your offer, you cannot suddenly change your mind.

Comment

Thank you so much Janus.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X