Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the BEST part of divorce to you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free at Last!

My list from a CL relationaship that has finally ended;
    - coming home and not having to explain were I've been
    - load the dishwasher any way I please
    - constant yelling at me and my son
    - not having to deal with the endless conflict of her not willing to get a job
    - dreading going home after work
    - her smoking
    - financial pressure of all the house bills on my shoulder

It's a bit on the negative side but it feels good to cross off the above issues and start fresh and free in 2007

Comment

its a gr8 thread

Posts in the thread are really funny. To me the best part after being separated "Have my own control back over to my life" and rather than looking forward "Some day he will improve" ,to be in a hope " Some day i will find a improved version" yeah

Comment

The best part is realizing that all things I did while married to try and be a better husband actually work and are greatly appreciated now that I've started dating again.

After years of body blows to my self-esteem, I've very quickly realized that I'm a damn good man and she was lucky to have me.

Comment

What is the point to clean the home if there is no one except you?
          What is the point of decorating the home if there is no one except you?
          What is the point of puting toilet seat down if there is no one to raise it?
          What's the point of watching TV alone?
          What's the point of having no one to pick upon?
          What's the point of doing nothing instead of pick in up dirty laundry?
          What's the point of making your own decision when no one cares or will argue it anyway?
          What's the point of being right if there is no one to argue anyway?
          What's the point of talking on the phone if no one is sad loosing your attention?

Comment

Originally posted by Alentia
            What is the point to clean the home if there is no one except you?
            What is the point of decorating the home if there is no one except you?
            What is the point of puting toilet seat down if there is no one to raise it?
            What's the point of watching TV alone?
            What's the point of having no one to pick upon?
            What's the point of doing nothing instead of pick in up dirty laundry?
            What's the point of making your own decision when no one cares or will argue it anyway?
            What's the point of being right if there is no one to argue anyway?
            What's the point of talking on the phone if no one is sad loosing your attention?

the point is that you are doing things for youself. You have to be able to enjoy and feel comfortable with yourself before you share with your life with others.

Comment

Wooowwww...

What a twist of topics.
              Great range of posts.

- I love not having to make excuses for not attending family functions
              - I don't have to hide the bruises, (because there are none).
              - I have self esteem
              - I can't remember the last time I said sorry for something that wasn't my fault
              - I enjoy my kids and they enjoy me without worrying about what someone else may do or say.

It's all about the freedom and enjoyment of life shared with my kids.
              Life "is" worth living. I look forward to tomorrow for what it has to offer not in the hopes that things may get better.

Comment

hmmmm

I like this thread.
                Loosing her forced me to find myself. I've done that and now I enjoy life.
                I am alone but I'm not lonely.

Comment

Here, here, Estella! (I think my ex and yours must be related lol )

The past eight years have been trials and tribulations galore, but I've grown, gained some life skills "ejumication" and overall, I'm very happy and content with who I've become - never would've become that person if I was still with him - it would've been 30 years together by now..life sentence lol. *plays Death March and snorks*

Comment

Best part of Divorce.

Hey.! coming from a male.

Watch hockey whenever I want...

Comment

The best parts:
                      1) Not getting chewed out about what I made for dinnner
                      2) The incredible drop in the amount of garbage bags that need to be put out. What the hell was she throwing out every week?
                      3) When I make a pot of coffee and come back I'm not left with the last half inch of the pot "sludge"
                      4) My hearing is beginning to return.
                      5) Wal Mart costs have dropped substantially due to no makeup purchases. Maybe that was what was getting thrown out all the time?
                      6) No outlaws bothering me for favours
                      7) I can finally sleep with BOTH eyes closed

As a previous poster mentioned from Seinfeld "Serenity Now!"

Comment

I have been deserted and abandoned by my husband. It is the best reason to file for the divorce. My life now is peaceful, although the case still pending. But I can cook, breath and sleep so freely now. Miserable days are over.

However, if I could return to the origin, it would be different. I would try to save marriage and improve communication skill and brought ex to see the doctor with wiser method because no one is perfect.

Comment

But I can cook, breath and sleep so freely now. Miserable days are over.
                          If he deserted you like you said then what why is it that you can now breath cook and sleep freely, if he wasn't around before why is it that could not breath etc... Was it maybe that he had to work too much to support your life style? I find this is a reason for many women to give up on their husbands when all they were trying to do was feed their family and keep a roof over their heads! Reconcile if possible divorce is not fun and it is always best to try to save a marriage if you can. Sorry just my opinion nothing more!

Comment

Hi, Ihave2kidsIcannotsee

"Forgive and Forget" free the soul.

Divorce is not fun. But "Reconcile" is even worse because it not possible to repair a broken glass. Only if at the very beginning, you have knowledge to avoid further damage.

Comment

Best things

Hmm the list can go on for ever.
                              But what I find the best is my sense of freedom and peace. (yeah 6 yrs later ex still causes grief ) During the marriage was kept so much under his thumb that I had really lost myself. That self has not really changed, has just come back. Gained strength again, confidence in me. I just smile alot more now and that is the best feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Palden View Post
                                Hi, Ihave2kidsIcannotsee

"Forgive and Forget" free the soul.

Divorce is not fun. But "Reconcile" is even worse because it not possible to repair a broken glass. Only if at the very beginning, you have knowledge to avoid further damage.

VEry TRue,Even thebest of a repair, will break the broken glass again in no time

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X