This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advise

Hi, I live in California and was wondering if anyone could help me. Me and my husband have been seperated for little over a year now. We have 3 kids and own our home. My husband moved out like I said a little over a year ago and hasn’t helped me financially with the house or the kids. My question is if he is entitled to ½ the house but hasn’t been helping with the payments, the taxes or anything for that matter would I be able to keep the house since I have the kids and is paying for everything.

I am not familiar with california family law. What I do know if your situation was in Ontario - there are provisions in our family law act that you could ask for the matrimonial home. On the same note generally the value of assets are divided equallly including liabilities. Child support is a given. Very few people do not get out of the reponsibility of supporting their children.
    If you are content with your current arrangement ask yourself this - Is your husbands name on the deed of the home. If so why is this. I would seek legal advice with a lawyer. Take the time and spend an hour or two with a california lawyer. Information can be priceless at times.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X