This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I Start

I m 31 year year old boy married to my wife from 5 years she sponsor me to canada and I really want to live with her but I m under very pressure I have a very loving son 4 year old and the problem is I am not very rich and my wife does not want to work I work from home and I ve well running business from home can earn me good enough money for survive but not enough to grow. and secondly i m an indian and i our culture boys take care of there parents and I do have to take care and send money to my mother in india which she don't like and I've no other choice since my mum is widow and she don't have any source of income, and on other side my wife's parents live in same town and they are doing Ok kind of business but they increase there expenses more then they earn and since her mother stay sick most of the time and my wife like to help them and she spend most of the day time to her mother and use my hard earned money. and whenever I talk about my mum she don't even want her discussion about her, i m in very stress and I can't even work full efficintly due to stress. And she feel herself superior since she sponsored me to canada and she threat me indirectly if I go ahead with divorce thing she will put charge on me and deport me to india, and i don't know what to do but now I decided to pull me out from this hell. Please help me advice me I realy love my son and my mother and since my mother have noone to take care I want to help her too. So Please help and advice me. I might be in wrong section and If neone know the correct section please advice me that too.

Thanks in advance

Sorry underpressure...I think you need to email Jeff directly for advice or seek a lawyer.

Comment

If you are married to your current wife legally and she sponsored you to come here, are you not a Canadian Citizen. I do not think your wife can deport you if you are already a Candain Citizen. I would check with the immigration department at the following links.
      http://canadainternational.gc.ca/SBP...=817&lang=en#5

and also this site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/index.html

I would find out your immigration status first. It is not to be in a threatening or coerced situation. Find out your rights.

Hope this helps

Comment

I’m not an immigration lawyer so I can’t say for sure, but my understanding is that simply because your marriage is over is not sufficient for you to lose your permanent resident status in Canada. However, that seems to be the main thing that’s worrying you, and rightly so. I’d check with an immigration lawyer about this so that you can find out whether you have anything to worry about.

As for family law, your rights and obligations are the same as a Canadian citizen.
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X