Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form 13 Financial Statement - a Word doc?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 13 Financial Statement - a Word doc?!

I'm 2 years into this business and am still stunned as to whose brilliant idea it is to have a document whose main purpose is to crunch numbers built as a word doc with zero ability to calculate. It must have been a lawyer... this way when you update one number they can bill you for 10 minutes of work while they manually flip through 15 pages updating all the results.

I've designed most of it in a spreadsheet but it's a bit of mess still.

Has anyone done a neat and tidy spreadsheet version already?? Did some quick googling and nothing came up...

Sorry - can't help you but can definately agree with you!

Comment

Yeah, that's totally bogus and another part of the overall scam.

The lawyer's version of those documents has the recalc feature built right in, so they can just push a button and see the effects of changes.

You as the client are left holding the bag on not being able to run what-if scenarios.

Completely and totally another aspect of the rip off!!

Comment

if this is what you are finding i think you best find new representation...

Comment

Originally posted by dave9911 View Post
          I'm 2 years into this business and am still stunned as to whose brilliant idea it is to have a document whose main purpose is to crunch numbers built as a word doc with zero ability to calculate. It must have been a lawyer... this way when you update one number they can bill you for 10 minutes of work while they manually flip through 15 pages updating all the results.

I've designed most of it in a spreadsheet but it's a bit of mess still.

Has anyone done a neat and tidy spreadsheet version already?? Did some quick googling and nothing came up...
          What I can tell... I am not so long in "bussiness" but when I saw forms first time I was kind of shocked too.

First what puzzle me why the hell you protect it ? Than if you using field why do not use CourtFileNumber on each page just repeating what user enter on first page ...

But when I have to work with f13 that was the best.
          Lawyers use some sort of program called divorceMate what you probably can buy too ).

As for Word - you can use formulas in Word too. Of course it's limited in comparison with Excel but you can use simple formulas like SUM(ABOVE)...

To make long story short - I am actually doing it for myself right now. To be honest formulas in that document my last question ))

PS:
          My first post. Have TMC on Mar15 what I had no idea coming ...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X