Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

answer to ap filled with lies...what to do now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• answer to ap filled with lies...what to do now?

6k spent on lawyer so far, two offers to settle, a whole ton of bull crap, a year of my life passing, his avoiding being served by not answering the door etc... his having a lawyer and then not having a lawyer, then sending emails with ridiculous offers of less than 20% of the equity in the jointly owned home, his addictions affecting us on a continual basis and now he is finally served with the application for court.
    He replied. His form 10 answers are a total crock of crap!!!
    Does it matter that he outwardly lied and also contricts himself in his answers? I have proof he has lied. And he's accused me of things that simply are not true.
    What a nightmare...
    Since I can prove that he lied (many times over), will his answer form be tossed?
    I'm waiting to get back into my lawyers but until then I'm going crazy not knowing what to do and knowing i only have a few days left to do it in.
    .....and one other thing, now that the court process has finally started, he emails me an offer and then asks for costs in his reply... what the???? how can he ask for costs when he has no lawyer and how can he ask for costs when HE has been so ridiculously nasty and hard to deal with. He completely ignored my first two offers that were WAY fair... toooo kind for what he deserves... arg - he's going to make me pop a vein.
    THis is more about him getting his own way that what is fair or just.
    ...please, send me some serenity -- i swear i'm going mad at times

You can never really know what the judge will do with respect to tossing the form.

Ignore his request for costs - consider making your own. Be honest, tell the truth and provide your documentation for everything. Keeps your offers fair and reasonable and show that you are making attempts to move things forward. His shenanigans will eventually bite him in the ass.

Comment

Blinkandimgone is quite correct, shenanigans will bite that party in the ass, but sometimes the bite is a long time coming! My ex-wife's antics nipped her butt during the last settlement conference when the judge told her "I don't believe you!" Then told her that it was shameful that she has not paid child support since 2009.

BTW, I like Tabi cats!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X