No announcement yet.

The rights of school principal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current School principal. I met the new school principal as well as the one from our designated area but they couldn't do anything. On the other hand ex's school principal registered the child because there was no obstruction at that time.

SO he called me the next day, apologized and said he never knew about the existing appointment and was too busy to talk to us. He suggested that we see him next week. So I will update after we see the principal.

Comment

I have a question for you. Meeting with the principals is nice and all that, but what can they actually legally do? If I was them or the school board I would be telling you to go to court and get an order that spells out specifically where the kid is to go to school and to not involve them.

The child keeps telling both parents what they want to hear. You say its because they fear the mother but they may fear you also. Have you sat down with the child and told them that no matter where they want to go to school you will support them be it your school choice or the moms? They may fear that they will upset you if they say they want to go to moms choice of school.

Comment

The principal has to let go of the child's "inactive" next year school location but he cannot decide where the best interest of the child is and prefers an agreement instead of courts.

You may be right that the child wouldn't mind going to any school but there is no pressure from my side. I doubt that he fears me but who knows though. More than once I asked him why not school right here across the street or mom's but he says because of his friends. So I won't agree with ex because I think it is best for him to go with his friends. If it is better for him to leave his friends forever and go with his cousin then the judge will decide.

Sure it is better for me not to drive him so far twice a day and it is not easy for ex to do it either but I doubt the judge cares how we feel. When we meet the principal and if he says to him he wants to go to moms school then I will agree but I am 99% sure he doesn't want to change the school zone.

Comment

Is he doing good in school grade wise?

Comment

Yes despite many many missed school days.

Comment

So we had a meeting today. Now I am sure more than ever that the principal is on her side.

Let me put these schools like this. The school my child wants is school A, the one mom wants is school B and the one close to my home school C.

The principal said he never would recommend the school A. He said there are lots of bad kids in that school and it is not good for my child to go there. He said those kids already had some issues with my child as well as with many others where police had been involved. Well I believe every school has bad kids.

He said if he would suggest he would recommend school C, the one by my house. Since ex wouldn't agree to anything but her school (school B) and if I go to court and say that I want the child to school C (in my area) then ex has better case because then it is better to go with cousin than a school he knows no one.

I said I will go to the school child wants and talk to principal about those "dangerous" kids and ask for a letter if my child would be safe there just like any other kid.

Ex bursted into tears twice. IDK why. Wants more sympathy from the principal I guess. She found out that the child is NOT registered at her school anymore. When I asked why she wants him there she said because she is a mother and too much drive. I said judge doesn't care about her or me. Principal sided with me there.

So This is what I suggested. I said "if the child continues in this area, I can give you 100$ per month and drive the kid from and to your home 2 times during your week. Or, if he goes in your school, you pay me $100 a month for gas and drive him 2 times a week from and to my home. Principal was very happy with this suggestion.

She didn't answer. The principal asked her what does she have to offer and of course nothing. He took our emails and said we will continue this.

tunnelight I know you suggested not to make such things but she is very likely to refuse this and like someone said in my inbox any deal is better than go to court and risk more. However everything is still in the air.

My kid asked me if I feel sad for his mom if he doesn't go to her school. I changed the subject. She is pushing a lot of pressure on him. Crying in front of him etc.

Anyone has any idea how do I approach the "A" school principal regarding those bad kids that this principal said are the reason he don't support it?.

Comment

I like that you met with the principal with your ex (and it was free!!!!)

I'd meet with the principal and, in a friendly manner, ask him specifically what his problem is with the school. He may simply have a grudge with someone who works there or the other school scored higher academically than his school. This is a big deal for schools... bragging rights, etc. You can probably get those statistics prior to meeting with him next time. I believe information on academic ratings is public information.

Keep plugging along. Perhaps your ex will come around when she has time to process the information/offers.

Comment

Okay so there are three schools. What I would do is narrow it down to 2. The kid can make new friends no matter where they go so don't let that be a deciding factor. Then offer the same deal to the ex as you have but then just flip a coin or something if the two schools are the same in regards to courses. Not the most scientific way but it gives each of you the same chance to get your choice if school and you can move forward.

Comment

I have not read the whole thread but i'd look at the school ratings and reviews for both schools on OAC, Fraiser and google reviews and then pick the better one for my child. locaiton comes second, education comes first.

*yes i know those ratings are incomplete but they are better than nothing.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X