Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:59 AM

lorely is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post

OP- you've been at this for a year...where are you guys in the process? Aside from lawyers- have you had any other professionals work with your family? Are you high conflict? How are your kids handling it?
We had two settlement case conference which was total waist of time and money, judges did not read the supporting documentation, second one (it was different from first one) did not even read the minutes from the first one. Upcoming the pre-trial management conference, I am still trying to settle with him but he wants a large lump sum for spousal support which is ridiculous, he wants just to get how much he thinks he can get.
It's a high conflict, always been, but specially now. Anything I would say he would start arguing, shout, criticize what I am saying or what I am asking.

Rockscan I will not put all my life here, I did it in my application in court. I know his reasons, he left for a month in 2016 and at that time he was coming every other weekend and two evenings a week (when I was working long hours) and wanted to spend time with the kids when he is not tired and stressed. At that time the income was even. Now he is saying he will buy shoes for our son when he will get the child support from me. I asked for joint custody from the beginning with residential with me. As soon as he informed himself about the spousal and child support (he has a friend who helps him, friend who is jobless and has all the time) he started demanding for 40/60 (he wants them 6 days biweekly). I did tell him clearly I do not restrict him the access to the kids, he can have open access, have them as he wished in 2016. How come now when it's about obtaining money he is interested in their care?