Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Dad needs advice Dad needs advice is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Dad needs advice is on a distinguished road
Default Daughter 19 moved out, still paying CS

Hi everyone, my daughter who is 19 years old and attending university for her second year was living with her mother until two months ago when she moved out with a roomate and has no plan of going back. She is starting a new job to pay for school as well as her living expenses because all she has now is OSAP and her mother does not help her at all financially but she is still collecting child support payments from me, I have 4 kids with her and my question is shouldn't my daughter be receiving her 25% of this money? I just don't know how to go about this since I can't ask the mother because I know she won't just hand it over to her but right now I'm paying the mother to support a child that she is in no way supporting. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Janus's Avatar
Janus Janus is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,523
Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

How do you know that daughter is never returning home?

Assuming you are correct and have evidence, you need to do a support variation application, since you should only be paying for 3 kids now. Note that this will be less than a 25% reduction.

You can voluntarily pay any amount to your oldest daughter if it suits you.

Hopefully mom agrees on consent. If she doesn't, then you will have to go to court.
Reply With Quote

child support, moving out, school, university

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need to protect child from mother... ConcernedSTEPparent Divorce & Family Law 6 01-25-2011 10:16 PM
ex-wife fled the country with my daughter Hoover Divorce & Family Law 16 10-11-2010 08:09 PM
My daughter has moved in with me, mother refuses to acknowledge pkount Parenting Issues 12 03-19-2010 12:50 PM
Help My Ex-Wife is denying visitation to daughter peteykat Divorce & Family Law 1 11-16-2009 10:47 PM
Help, he is taking me to court bcuz I don't "force" our daughter to call him scarycheri Divorce & Family Law 30 07-03-2009 02:09 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.